..

Tuesday 27 August 2019

‘Hello, is that the...

Marriage Guidance Clinic?’
‘Hello, is that the Dog Behaviourist?’
Hello, is that the Shrink?’
‘Hello, is that the Dog Warden?’
 ‘Hello, is that the TTouch fast Track Training Centre?’

Where to start?
We’ve had a bit of a crazy weekend.
For starters, like everyone else it’s been a stinker of a bank holiday weekend, not only the weather, but chaos on the dog front.
Ellie is still spending lots of time in the shrubbery.  The positive is she is marginally better on the lead, our taking her into the college grounds has proved a godsend, as you will see later in the soap opera that is our life at the mo.  We had got the okay from the principal, especially as she doesn't perform on the lead.

Last night against all teaching I had to carry her in.  For some reason she has a collie hang-up about not wanting to come in when called, even foodie enticements don’t work, same with toys.  Ted is still persona non grata, even though he has got out his animal magnetism aftershave.
‘It’s always worked before on the bitches I’ve encountered in my trip through life!’ he plaintively cried.  Sorry mate not this time!?!
In the midst of this when himself took the inaugural shower in the newly completed bathroom.  I said as he came down
‘The cloakroom light won’t go out!  Every time I pull the switch, the light goes onto half power?’  Me, being me, I didn’t notice the cloakroom had a water feature light!?!
‘There’s water pouring out of the pull!’
he said helpfully!
Husband left a short message for the company on their return after the Bank Holiday to get your arses here first thing as we have a problem. Round they came to investigate, just as the guy with our beautiful wardrobe doors turns up.  He is carrying them up the stairs as Ted shouts 
‘LL get down here quick the dog has escaped!’
I was upstairs talking to the plumber about the possible cause of our little leak.
On hearing his panicked tone, I go to shoot down to be met by another door just about to 
round the corner at the bottom of the stairs.
Seeing and probably feeling it through the soles of his feet, the force that is ME pelting down the steps, would be enough to put any sane person into early doors mental assessment!  Out I go through the ‘left open’ gate, looking to the river no sign, looking up our short road I see her bob out of the 
entrance to the college.  Between me and her there is a chap walking up, luckily and this will be the first time you will hear me say it looking intently at his phone!  Usually my thoughts on the morons that walk around with not one idea of just what is happening around them wouldn’t be printable!  His complete disconnect meant he didn’t attempt to help, for that I am eternally grateful.  Ellie saw him stroll by and bobbed back into the college grounds.  Absentmindedly he passed 
her with barely a glance.  With me calling she ran down the footpath and in the gate. Home!


7 comments:

  1. Well that is progress - at least she chose home, rather than run away! Deep breaths, you three can do it. TTouch all round, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Progress definitely Elaine. The TTouch is a definite plus, it certainly got her calm. Think my remedy would be more of the G & TTouch. Anyway after phoning the rescue centre I got a real old ticking off for being such a wuss... Me? Don’t they realise who they are dealing with here? Old battle-axe me must have softened over the years... worrying to say the least!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I can perfectly understand her need to be outdoors in this hot weather. Did she live out of doors in her past life. She sounds like she would love a kennel outdoors. If your back garden is escape proof could she have one placed in your open area at the back. I was fortunate that I had a dog flap for many years and often found the dogs liked to be out of doors during the hot summer months. Big tick for her coming back when called. These first few weeks are stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think she is trying to tell you that she needs some where to retreat to when she gets stressed hence the shrubbery where she can relax for a while. Dogs need time out too x

      Delete
    2. Things are on the cusp of changing and yes, who wouldn’t want to be in the garden on a hot and humid day. I have already suggested himself make a kennel for her, more a canine summerhouse perhaps.

      LX

      Delete
  3. As a way back collie owner, it appears to me to be progress. Ellie forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loviest of breeds: however me being a bit dim they far outshine me in the intelligence stakes!?!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...