..

Monday 26 August 2019

We’ve only had one...

accident on the carpet in the ten days since Ellie has been here.  The fault was entirely mine, not literally obviously!



Because the latest little hang-up is being in the shrubbery 24/7.  I ‘wisely’ so thought, shut the door to prevent her taking up her favourite position that early in the day.  As we sat having our breakfast in the kitchen, she stood in the middle of the Orangery and turned to look at me.  Not by the door otherwise I, even slow on the uptake me would have twigged!  When the penny did drop a minute later, she had done a wee wees on the carpet, out of my sight line as I sat at the kitchen table.  My thespian days set me in good stead as with ne’er a care I wandered through and opened the door, seemingly not 
to notice.  Larry O. would have been impressed.  All the while as I mopped it up I could have kicked myself, not an easy manoeuvre when bending over clutching kitchen roll.  My training goes on...
a prize pillock: 
best we don’t take a vote on that!

2 comments:

  1. It's back to that pregnancy comparison. You did the waiting now you've got a wee one and you've not a clue what to do with it! Trial and error mostly. My daughter got in a behaviour specalist to help with issues with her dog and on the whole it was my daughter that needed the training not the dog! What can I say?! lol. The problem she had though was that the bs wanted her to 'dominate' the dog and not allow him onto chairs or go higher than her. He said dogs watch out the window to guard the house hence he was barking when anyone passed by. However he happily lay on the back of the couch watching the world go by so she was reluctant to follow this advice. My dog too loves sitting watching the world go by though fortunately he doesn't bark at everyone who passes. I think your dog will settle once you do, you sound as though you are overthinking some of it. Dogs live in the present allegedly so treat her as though she's always been treated kindly it sounds like you might be trying to make her past better for her by being too kind! Sorry if I sound preachy though. I don't mean to, but I love an opinion ;p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindfulness, yes! Our doggie escapades go on MG. I am fully aware I am overthinking it: for some reason I am getting worse, although this morning’s little caper has made me realise I am calm in stressful situations, unlike Ted who does seem to panic. All is not helped by the house being full of workmen and the trip to Scotland on the horizon, hopefully not a Molotov cocktail in the making? None of the residents in this sleepy backwater cottage are feeling anything other than a high level of stress. at the mo!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...