..

Thursday 19 March 2020

Beneath the slothful...

exterior lies a dynamic woman craving to escape.  My mind whirs  with plans, schemes and dreams.  This is the lot of an only child, I live in my head.  I quite wear myself out with thoughts hence (another word I like) nothing really gets done.
My latest thing is I am up 
early-ish with the thought that I ought to go to the shops to get special biscuits for the workmen coming tomorrow to erect the greenhouse.  The fact that we have everything we need for ourselves is a mere bagatelle.  My workmen usually get fed home baked biscuits, scones, luncheon even!
I know, I know!  I’m a feeder, you see!  Now my latest worry is I don’t want to give them our germs. The husband isn’t 100% free of the cough, me I feel a tad below par, so you can see the dilemma I face?
The decision I have come to is, for the greater good... stay home make a few scones, cheese and maybe sour cherry and chocolate ones, offer them and let them be the judge of whether they accept!
Sound like a plan?

*
Yesterday strolling through the woods in my Berghaus which I ought to say is beginning to feel like a corset!  I got the distinct impression my body was going one way, the waterproof the other!?! Tum and bum felt tightly encased as I sized up clumps of grass.
Clumps of grass? 
Yes, clumps of grass!
Carefully I selected a trowel- shaped piece of timber.  Husband looked on wondering... Now what?
I spied a suitable specimen and bent with difficulty I ought to say in my newly acquired corsetry!  As he saw what I was about to do he plaintively cried 
‘Wouldn’t it be better to bring the trowel tomorrow?’
With total disregard to his pearl of wisdom I set to.  The wooden implement soon gave up in the face of my determination.  Undeterred I carried on now using my God-given tools... my more than capable hands.  The grass soon saw who was the boss and roots’n’all gave in without not too much of a fight.  I filled the poo bag with a goodly amount.  The very few people we passed looked and looked again at the vision in the blue corset, carrying what to all intents and purposes was a dog turd the size of an elephant poo!?!  Worse than that it had grass in it.  Their next glance was at Ellie, with marvel in their eyes at the discrepancy of the two.
They wandered away I am sure with the thought...
‘The world as we know it is changing!’


My partners-in-crime this morning.


22 comments:

  1. Morning Lettice! I see you have written a flurry of posts, which i must catch up with, later. That photograph is absolutely wonderful, I am so glad that Ellie has realised that she has a wonderful 'dad' one who can be trusted. I am sure you wear your Berghaus corset with flair and panache, so don't worry. I hope you and your lovely husband are soon in the pink. I will refrain from asking about the grass, you little tease.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes you think I have time on my hands Elaine? It is lovely to see although I am a teeny-weeny bit jealous, as he now is the flavour of the month! The grass? I will reveal all, not I hasten to add that it is very interesting!

      Sad, to say today I am feeling pretty ropey, sore throat and this constant headache... we are definitely keeping well out of everyone’s way. I even don’t feel up to going for the usual walk on the wild side through the woods. I will accompany himself up into the town after dark to the cash machine to act as heavy in case marauding Ludlow vigilantes kick the old duffer up into the air and pinch his pension. Me riding shotgun will certainly scare the pants off them...

      LX

      Delete
  2. I, however ,shall ask about the grass .....sounds like a longwinded way to acquire a lawn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe tomorrow? Mind you with the greenhouse arrival my blog may be relegated to bottom of the pile... who knows?

      LX

      Delete
  3. PS. Lovely to see Ellie cuddled up with her " Dad". Our schnauzer used to always be on a knee, but lately he is shunning us for his bed. It is very sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes isn’t it! It has taken six months, a girl after my own heart... play hard to get... ?

      What did you say to upset him?

      LX

      Delete
  4. I love how your hubby has his legs either side of his recliner to make room for Ellies bottom!.She is lovely,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everywhere we go people stop and say how pretty she is, I glow with pride like the proud Mum I am. I knew she would come round eventually, took a while though, whatever happened to her at the hands of a man must have been truly horrendous!

      LX

      Delete
  5. The lack of TP has one sizing up all kinds of alternatives I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have even cast my eye over the rather large ivy leaves that grow up the wall... any port in a storm!

      LX

      Delete
  6. Lovely to see Ellie trusting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to happen at sometime, especially as the husband is such a gentle soul unlike his larger than life and twice as rowdy and ‘orrible spouse!

      LX

      Delete
  7. You know there are hatters less mad than you right? lol. I think your scone plan is a plan. They can take their chances if they wish or not.
    Are you collecting dandelions to make some tea? I can't wait to hear the outcome of this story!!
    Ellie looks very relaxed. Changed days and lovely to see. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scone plan has hit the skids, mainly due to the fact that two eggs would be needed. In true wartime tradition, I’ve made ginger biscuits instead as no eggs have had to die to provide their elevenses! And I have lots of ‘desecrated’ coconut and ground almonds. So the job’s a good’un!

      Ellie’s a tart, I’ve gone off her BIG time!

      LX

      Delete
    2. STOP PRESS... They’re only gone and put it back until Tuesday. I wouldn’t mind but by then all the blooming biscuits will be no more.,. Well to be honest I do flaming well mind, I am sooooo upset if I felt stronger I would have had a full-on Elizabeth Bott hissy fit, as it is I’m too weak! What I need is a biccie to brighten myself up!?!

      LX




      Delete
  8. you boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You don't give a shit about climate change, why should we young people give a shit if you get sick and die of some virus? I HOPE the virus gets much stronger and kills you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear getting our knickers in a twist are we? There is a problem, we didn’t have much of a say in our conception, neither did you I suspect?

      LX

      Delete
  9. I'm looking forward to the nature of the trillium to go in your new garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trillium? No, I am looking for nectar rich wild flowers and getting away from the shrubs that the previous garden designer favoured. My approach, it won’t surprise you to learn is altogether more relaxed and wild. No straight rows and bedding plants just organised chaos... Sound like a plan?

      LX

      Delete
  10. I smiled when I saw the pic. of Ellie and your husband, she is very lucky to have such loving masters! But then my, mouth flapped open reading the last reply. I was flabbergasted how anyone can be so hateful! Who raised such garbage?! Can't wait to see your new Greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she certainly has got her paws firmly under the table, enriching our life after six years since the last much loved dog. It took us that long to decide!

      Sad really that there is such hate in the world, just from the few hopefully, this pandemic will maybe sort the dross from the decent...

      LX

      Delete
  11. aahh that is a lovely heartwarming photo. Your lovely caring hubby and your darling dog, both enjoying each others company :-)

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...