..

Wednesday 18 September 2019

We might have...

cracked it!  With the help of this 
plinky-plonky machine.


In last week’s ‘How to Spend It’ magazine, yes, I know a girl can only dream!?!
This was featured by Technopolis, a page I read avidly even though by my own admission I am a TTF... a total techno phobic... I know, I know it should be TTP, however I thought I would grab your attention so much quicker with an F!?!
Sad, but there you are!

The idea is it completely calms dogs with its ‘music’, you can even have it on inaudible to the human ear.  They make them for horses and cats.  I am fully aware that those of you who may, just may have the impression I’m a daft tart will be rolling your eyes in amazement with the thought 
‘There’s one born every minute!’ however I give not one jot when it just may help a tortured soul who life this far hasn’t treated well!
Yesterday, it didn’t work it’s magic in the car, so our expectations for our leaving her today wasn’t great.  I turned it on half an hour before we left, charged her kong with goodies, put my scarf on her bed and with the minimum of fuss drifted away.  Just an hour 
later on our return, we parked up the road and I looking for all the world like a super sleuth slithered down the road making not one sound.  The silence was deafening, we stood for a couple of minutes by the gate... nothing!  It was only when the key went into 
the lock of the gate we heard a woofle.
Success!  
It was  very hard to drift in nonchalantly  and not make a big fuss... but we did it!

Our training goes on...

15 comments:

  1. I have a friend who rescues dogs which nobody else will consider homing. I would like to find what this device is so I can tell her about it and she can also share it with the other devoted rescue folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rambler has kindly posted the details on her comment. So far it has worked for us, although we do need to test it on at least a few occasions. I will report back.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Sounds great and if it does the job what mote is there to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing! Fingers crossed it works on every occasion until she is used to us going out and coming home.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Thats wonderful news. I might have to get one of those myself to allow us to go out of an evening and not return to a totally stressed dog! Fingers crossed it continues to do the trick. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it puts your mind at rest MG it’s certainly worth it.

      LX

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deleted my previous comment as I was asking for details - now I've been reading all about this device online . . . https://howtospendit.ft.com/technology/207002-a-calming-gizmo-for-anxious-pets . . . . and as it is a bit high priced for my budget, I'd love to know how you get on with it before purchasing one for my rescue dog, Benji. He suffers from Separation Anxiety and in the 2 years he's been with me, nothing has helped him. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I will let you know, for the moment though I need it as this morning we have taken her to the kennels as we go off on holiday tomorrow! Boy, was that painful!

      LX

      Delete
  6. It is such a pleasure to hear of the progress.
    And on a totally different note, I embroidered that very tea cloth in my teen age years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What patience, it might even be the one you stitched Joanne, although mine is a tablecloth.

      LX

      Delete
  7. That is good news! Hope it continues to work for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, the relief when we got home was palpable, in us obv!

      LX

      Delete
  8. I used to worry myself sick when I had to leave a previous dog in kennels, a couple of times I even cut my holiday short because I needed to make sure she was OK, despite the assurances of the kennels staff. The little tart wasn't in the least worried and had loved all the attention she was getting from the girls who walked her, fed her, played with her, etc. I hope Ellie isn't too upset at being without you and forgives you on your return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’re singing from the same page. Already I am looking at the weather forecast and thinking maybe if the weather closes in we have a perfect excuse to cut short our holiday!

      She did look sad as she walked away and kept looking back. I cried as we pulled away... only then! Before that I kept talking it up to her about what a lovely time she would have! I keep now imagining what she is doing and how she is feeling? This is a first for me to leave a dog in kennels, she was used to it there so that must make it a bit easier... surely?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...