..

Sunday 12 January 2020

I hang over...

the wall looking for all the world like a cross between Mr Chad and Humpty Dumpty.
These are the doors through which my heart’s desire lies.



Both doors have keys of which at this stage of the game I am not allowed.  I just know that once through, my life will change.  With the subterfuge of a super sleuth I lurk about looking for all the world as if I was just passing, nothing, like nothing could be further from the truth.  I befriend, get into friendly conversation with all who pass through the beguiling doors onto the hallowed turf that is beyond. When I first arrived I mistakenly assumed the door would be open as I gently tried the handle... wrong!  Tears of frustration and pores oozing pathos I turned away...  

Why me?

The pain is with me still...
raw as my nose today in the blustery breeze at the top of Clee Hill.

9 comments:

  1. I hope the reality of having the allotment is as good as the anticipation of it! I hope that door has a ginormous key you can put on a chain round your neck once you get it, like a badge of honour! You'll be running the place before long I'm sure - remember you wanted a group to join? lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear me no, I plan to blend in with the undergrowth in my wild garden. Think I might be frowned on by the ‘Uniformity is a fine thing!’ brigade!?! A maverick with a ho, ho, hoe! Can’t wait, won’t wait... so there!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Aha! So that's the allotment area! I was wondering 'what lay beyond'. Will you have a 'she-shed' in there, containing a small burner amd all the accoutrements for tea/coffee making; a biscuit tin, bookshelf of enticing books, comfy chair with woolly blanket for chillier days, mirror, hairbrush and lippy (must keep up appearances) oh yes and - a gardening fork or trowel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of that and more... hopefully a plot tucked out of the way to feed my inner hermit. I am twitching with anticipation. Already I have enquired as to the rules re. sheds and greenhouses.

      LX

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful wall and doorway ...to a not so secret garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can’t wait, trouble is I have never been known for my patience.

      LX

      Delete
  4. I looked at Google pictures of Clee Hill, but could not see down inside. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send you a photograph Joanne. It is glorious up there with wonderful views of Ludlow and the undulating Shropshire countryside. There is also a disused quarry to explore... All very exciting for man and beast.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...