..

Wednesday 30 September 2020

Undulating...

 

Now There’s a good word.

# The hills are alive with...

The sound of Undulations #

I sang as I ran 

(use your imagination here, ok?)

A magnificent day on the 

Long Mynd... mynd I said!?!




As undulations go you must admit this is pretty spectacular?

We took a picnic.  Ellie enjoyed her two hours romping and yomping over the heather.  With tongue hanging out she zoomed off and like a good sheepdog crossed with a Sky Tours rep kept doubling back to check whether the party of old dears were keeping up.  We were!  Stopping every hundred yards or so to admire the view, well that was our excuse?  The weather was glorious, our legs were strong as we strode over, round and up the undulations, causing us not a puff or a pant, nor yet a reprogramming of the old pacemakers.  This having a dog is so invigorating for the heart, soul and mind, not to mention the undulations...







6 comments:

  1. I wonder,,,, would there be a road to the top of the hill lol?
    Walking up a hill is not an option for me anymore(sigh!)

    It sure looks beautiful! I'm glad you enjoyed your outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed there was. As we drove up the single track road the views became more and more spectacular. We had on previous visits walked Carding Mill valley and scrambled a good way up. This was looking down on where we had been before. A mere mole hill to you in Canada!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And some! Glorious views, crisscrossed with so many spectacular walks. I must confess I get bored with the same old, same old!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I had a dear old standard collie once. He doubled back constantly to check on us, and we were a couple of young sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so heart lifting to see her checking, checking, rounding up and checking a bit more.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...