..

Friday 23 October 2020

A little light...

 shoplifting was the order of the day.  Let me explain.  Before our walk on Clee Hill we decided a trip to ‘Pets at Home’ was in order.  Ellie of late has been developing a funny tummy, going off her food, eating excessive amounts of grass and producing the most wondrous ‘Walnut Whips’ the like of which any chocolatier would be proud.

The blame I lay squarely at my door.  Being a put out to grass cheffette I like to produce food for her.  Which oddly I think isn’t agreeing with her tum.  Casseroles of white fish, minced beef and chicken, each week a different main ingredient.  Vegetables and brown rice or pasta, obviously no onions or veg on the not suitable for hounds list.  I do draw the line at chalking on the wall plat du jour obviously!  In the main because although she is an extremely intelligent collie with a huge vocabulary she hasn’t as yet learnt to read.  This morning her breakfast was left untouched, so we thought after consulting that well known veterinarian Dr. Google that a hypo-howsyourfather might be required.  In order to give Ellie the experience of shopping in a superstore in we all trolled.  With us in deepest conversation and considering to the enth degree the ins and outs of a gnats arse or to be more exact Ellie’s, we were completely oblivious to the fact she had helped herself to a tennis ball.  Having paid and just about to leave the shop she decided that as she didn’t have a recipe for making a cake with a file in it, added to which as already explained even if she did, she couldn’t read the thing.  She obviously thought before they get their collars felt I had best drop my swag and put my paws up.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, Ellie. I bet you could have brought that home and then had the pleasure of watching your collar wearers hoofing back to the shop to pay up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what a thing, I was having a problem posting comments so just did the above and lo and behold the thing has fired into life.

    This is now what I have already written once before and got a rather rude raspberry from google... so here goes:- the husband said yesterday is the shop dog friendly, I was nearly lost for words!?! My tart reply is not PC to print here!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once wheeled a young niece through a supermarket (in a trolley; she's not ln castors), through the checkouts only to discover when packing the car that she was sitting on roughly 2kg of neatly packed Cheddar cheese. I did go back in and explain and pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, supermarket, trolley, small being of the human kind, this picture I find hard to imagine, even in my wildest. Surely you could have channelled your slumbering Fagin gene and taught the lass proper-like, perched her on a case of Bollinger then made a run for it. Mind you I can’t see you running either.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...