..

Monday 26 October 2020

I hang my head in...

 shame.  The dog looks hang-dog at me, I look even more hang-dog back.  It is a sorry state of affairs.  My exquisite casseroles of a cur kind are no more.  I feel a total 100% heel, not allowing my culinary cred free rein.  Quietly I cry myself to sleep (fib) worrying.  Himself tartly says 

‘Well what’s the difference to her turning her nose up to kibble as opposed to fine dining of a canine kind?’  

I hate clever sods!  All the while thinking he has a point, added into the mix my scathing remarks of folk spoiling animals by pandering to their fanciful needs.  A large piece of humble pie for me please.

I now await some very special food recommended by a regular reader of my blog who sadly can’t comment.  Thank you Wanda for emailing me the details, the samples are on way as we speak.

This morning once again Ellie has turned her nose up and walked away.

What she doesn’t know is nobody, but nobody messes with me.  I am a hard woman, cut me in half and there for all to see is...

‘MAFIA MOMMA’

like Brighton through rock.




6 comments:

  1. Fergus, my daughters cairn terrier has allergies and gets the most expensive dry food (it does "not" smell! )... He really doesn't care much for it. Sometimes he stays with us,.... comes feeding time I just smear some liverwurst over the dry food and in minutes he has cleared the plate...works every time!
    One more thing! Long time ago my little poodle got sick with a bowel problem, the vet recommended to feed her lean cooked ground beef with rice. Within a day she was fine!
    I'm sure you knew this already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t been able to comment until now. It is seriously getting me uptight.

      On the Ellie food front the kibble she is on now seems to be making her hyper... well it is a hypohowsyourfather, so what’s one typo between friends?

      I can’t cope!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Nothing to add, except I do hope Ellie perks up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perks up? She is twitching and not the bird watching kind, see above.

      LX

      Delete
  3. I've clearly either missed something or totally forgotten it - could be both! Why can you no longer cook for Elie?
    My dog and my daughters dog are both very fussy eaters. Leroy - daughters dog - had millions of allergies when he was a pup - including ostrich - don't ask how we know that!! Thankfully he had another test at the age of 4 and had outgrown all but an allergy to cornflour of all things! You'd be amazed where cornflour lurks. Anyway we came to the conclusion he could have mostly dog food with a tablespoon of 'human' food over it and both dogs love it. The laugh is when I cook steak for the dogs and hubby says 'what are we having?' and I say, omlette!! lol. I lurk around Aldi when they have reduced the cheapest steak and cook it, cut it into little pieces and freeze. I do the same with chicken thighs. Sonny also likes fish with his dinner so I buy a pack of frozen white fish which he gets occasionally. Clearly a little goes a long way so its not that extravagent but perhaps Elie would eat her dinner more readily if you still gave her a small amount of what you used to? Of course I might be way off the mark here as I've no idea why you've had to change her anyway!! xx

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...