..

Friday 13 November 2020

So many books so...

little time to read them all before I die.  My trouble us I am too light for heavy books and too heavy for light books.  

A funny day today.

We took a picnic to walk Ellie on Bircher Common... okay with Boris and Co. Section 11 in the book of how to keep yourself safe in these troublesome times...

‘You can and should travel to attend the care and exercise a pet’

Hamsters notwithstanding as they already have their own means of perambulation i.e. a wheel.

We took a bowl each of bean salad to at the very least put a spring in our steps... or some such!?!  Oatcakes and Ludlow’s finest H2O.  There is no doubting, we sure know how to live?

We all had a lovely time, Ellie met a cut out soldier stood as a mark of remembrance smack in the middle of the common.


Then on to meet a black horse with one eye, who to start with we all thought was made out of the same ply that made up the soldier. As we stood and watched a way off, he slowly sat down, we were concerned that the horse didn’t seem to engage with what was going on around him.  The husband went to investigate, the horse wasn’t tethered as we at first thought, a wild (?) pony... maybe?  On closer inspection the horse seemed okay, content even.  Himself reported that all was well as Ellie and I stood back in case there was a problem.

Home now with supper in the oven and the thought of which book to choose from the pile beside my recliner resembling the learning tower of Pisa...


 

4 comments:

  1. I have a list of 15 books beside me that our book club chose for the next period of reading...one per month ! we chose 2 each, though my pal chose one of mine before I got the chance . It was Richard Osman's first novel...."The Thursday Murder Club."Luckily I did actually have another I could put forward. I have just finished " Where the Crawdads Sing". A good read but I have several issues of " reality" with it and the ending wasn't explained properly. I hate a poor ending. A bit as if the author was fed up with it all by the end and thought sod it let it just finish there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t you just feel like that when the ending is weak, I know I certainly do. If there was ever a time to not feel guilty reading, this is it!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I have loads of books to read too but my reading is much lighter than yours. I just finished my latest Karen Swan and its very much a case of don't judge a book by its cover! It looks all airy fairy but its actually about a war correspondent and I just loved it. I literally couldn't put it down!
    Sounds like an eventful walk for Ellie, I'm glad the horse was ok.
    Enjoy your next read. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A superb walk, enjoyed by all. That was the flavour of our day. Today, we got up and out early-ish, now back hunkered down content. Ellie has had a good energetic romp over fields, woods, pastures, lakes... all home happy and free to chill... a good place to be!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...