..

Wednesday 26 June 2019

The plates of the...

 earth move in mysterious ways. Ensuring new people enter your orbit, you theirs, to cement a friendship that will stand the test of time.  If you tried to stage-manage it Sod’s law says it wouldn’t work quite as well.  Today a friend came I met via the blogging world, in a relatively short time we have become good chums.  In the normal blogging course of events I prefer to keep my powder dry and let folk have their opinion of me from afar and not spoil it by my size six feet of clay.  Am I alone in this I wonder?

We had a lovely catch-up, since last we met a good while ago it was as if the world had stood still, the mark of a true friend.

 I went to a workshop in 2014 and a lady there said are you Lettice?  It was an odd feeling to be unmasked, is it just me or do you have the same desire to hide behind your blogging persona?



8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I used to hide behind my blog persona too when I had one. Strangely hubby and I were talking about this very subject recently. I was going to say more but I realise suddenly the blog world we all move in is a small one. The person we were talking about is not a blogger as such. However suffice to say I decided to keep my whereabouts quiet. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All sounds very cloak and dagger, you have left me wanting to know more?

      LX

      Delete
  2. I don't have a blog, but I have been having a clear out and came across my wedding video yesterday. My son asked who one of the people on it was and I explained that she was an old family friend, called Letty. How strange, I thought, that I have never come across anyone else called Lettice. Then today I found this post and realised that I had 'met' another, if only in cyberspace, by reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some unknown reason I have always loved the name Lettice, it’s not mine sadly, just my blogging name. If I’d had a daughter she would of been named Lettice. My son is relieved he’s a boy!?!

      LX

      Delete
  3. How interesting an observation, Lettice. I try to "out" as many as I can, which, sadly, is not that many. We all are nice folks, I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you outing blogging chums. I agree in the main most are super people, you do get the odd ‘odd’ comment, the price you pay I suppose?

      LX

      Delete
  4. Hiding behind one's Blogging persona is something I actually thought one could do. However, it has been Positive when I have run into Blog viewers and Blog Friends in Real Life and they recognized me... about as close to Celebrity Status as I suppose an anonymous individual can get? *LOL* It is a Small World, all things considered... and Kindred Spirits have a draw towards one another that the plates of the Earth seem to make possible in a most Mysterious way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you stop and really think, the whole shebang of how we all got here is mind- blowingly fascinating, not only in the blogging world!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...