..

Monday 16 April 2018

Back in the...

day 1992, I got to the final of 
Masterchef.
When we moved I uncovered a box in the loft with 
‘My 15 minutes of Fame!’
written on the side. Videos of the episodes, paper cuttings and general memos.  I had the videos transferred onto discs, I’m sorry I did now! The me of 26 years ago is a far cry from the me that I see in the mirror today.
 It made me wonder how the truly beautiful actresses feel when presented with their younger selves?  Suddenly now I can in some small way understand why they go to such torturous lengths to stay the same.
Me, well I’ve just grown old disgracefully and will fib and say it doesn’t bother me...
You know something... it blooming well does!
Call it vanity and you’d be spot on!


5 comments:

  1. Wow......I didn't know that you are famous!! What did you cook for the final? Actually I rarely watch this type of cooking programme.....much too much " faffing "about with food! They spend ages making some " jus" and then all that is put on the plate is a few tiny spots! Perhaps not so in 1992 though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think so Frances! These things are all too fleeting, although even not winning open lots of doors... the power of television. Definitely much more basic in 1992. I doubt I would even get on the programme now, and honestly wouldn’t want to.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I reckon you could be the amazing woman who came up with Parsley Profiteroles with Horseradish Cream, Mashed Eddoes(?) and, best of all. Carrot Tart with Ginger Sauce... I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get away! How did you work that one out? There was I sitting soaking up the rays after a had morning’s graft in the hospice shop when...voila my cover was blown. Good detective work Elaine! That final menu wasn’t my finest hour... however I had a ball! Thank for being in awe, keep with the feeling, I know I am, because these days I’m hard pushed to create any feeling in anybod?

      LX

      Delete
    2. It is easy, if you have the book...especially as I didn't think you would have a rather 'dodgy' history. Not to spook you, this is based on just a one line entry I tripped across on G@@gle - but you have cooked for some rather interesting people. 'Nuff said.

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...