..

Friday 16 August 2019

Life has been...

hectic and exciting in equal measures.
On Wednesday it was my birthday.  The bathroom has presented lots of hiccups of a sanitary kind.  Before you jump to the wrong conclusion, little problems not the pong sort!  The shower screen was far too slim to be of any real use, added to that it was too tall to fit the space.  The towel rail came without a timer which was on the spec.  The hand made tiles look superb.  Today we have the long awaited fitting of the lavatory.  Trogging down the twisty, rickety-rackety stairs in the dead of night is no fun for half asleep old bod’s!




Tomorrow sees the arrival of Ellie, our little collie, like a couple of kids we are getting excited about her coming.  The over-run of the bathroom means she will have to get used to having workmen in the house, which won’t be ideal, however her and I can 
retire to my ‘studio’ at the top of the garden.  There are lots of things for me to sort out up there which up until now I haven’t had the time to do.  A perfect excuse to get my crafting bits and bobs finally sorted.

Friends are also staying in town so I am cooking, which I love to do.  Entertaining in a building site is a tad challenging?  
Although as a retired chef this sort of 
challenging is a walk in the park compared to my past life...

The curtain rails have been fitted, after much subtle and not so subtle calls, Mafia style entreaties, stepping into the shop with attendant violin case sort of thing!
Himself even went in and said it would be the
best birthday present LL could possibly have to get the curtains hung. It did the trick! 
 What a super star that man is!  As if living with me wasn’t enough to grant him special status as an all round good egg.



10 comments:

  1. sounds like progress,if a little chaotic! Just enjoy it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaotic... yes. I am enjoying it all though and living here is a joy.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday :D Nice to have a man who understands what's important for a birthday present - curtains and a dog, could you want more? I hope you have a fun day tomorrow with Ellie-by Sunday you won't remember what it was like without her!! Welcome back to the world of going for walks in all weathers! Today is pretty horrible here :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did make me laugh about trogging out in the rain with dog in tow! Yes, it has been wet here too. Just said to himself as a child my birthday was always in mid summer, now it seems like the start of autumn always? I well remember one party in the garden I got so excited I was sick and had to go to bed to the sounds of all my friends enjoying MY party! Nothing much has changed in the intervening years... Oh, apart from the weather!

      LX

      Delete
  3. A curtains for her birthday guy certainly is a keeper. So glad the little lady is coming along tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another guy to add to my list of ‘nice young man’! Am I getting old I idly wonder, worrying?

      Sweet littl Ellie arrives today, we are excited like a pair of kids... photo’s to follow.

      LX

      Delete
  4. If Ellie is as much fun as our Billy, you'll be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweet natured girl, very timid due to god knows what in her former life? She is afraid to go to the loo and only does go when you are not around, which makes for an interesting time. Thus far she hasn’t performed since she came this morning so goodness knows what will happen in the night? She isn’t as yet brave enough to take herself out to the garden, she just follows me, which means at this rate she won’t be having a pee any time soon. Don’t laugh, I’ve even had a couple behind the Hebe, in order for her to get the message!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Cant wait to see lots of pics of Ellie! I am excited for you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo’s tomorrow when we all relax a little. This is the problem with rescue dogs, they have a lot of baggage, which with lots of love and kindness can be overcome. At least with Ellie I know what to expect having experienced the worse possible after effects of trauma with Lettice.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...