..

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Liver cake and...

sausages... a meat fest.

‘Eight Ludlow sausages please!’
I’m nothing if not polite.  
Dave the carpenter told us where to go to get the best sausages in Ludlow.
Eight sausages were duly weighed and I carried them home without a thought to the extra weight in my shopping bag.  My eyes popped out of my head when they emerged, the size of new born babies thighs!  Usually we have two for me, four for himself, leaving two for a sausage sandwich for hubs the following day.  I managed just one and the man two, leaving the rest to have cold with salad for tonight’s supper.
Boy were they good.

In the woods the other day we got chatting to a lady who gave Ellie a piece of liver cake which she thoroughly enjoyed.  I came home and made her some to go with the carrot, cinnamon and peanut butter biscuits I had made for her earlier.


No point having a cordon bleu chefette for a mum and not enjoying the fruits of her labour is there?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...