..

Tuesday 29 October 2019

‘She’s like ...

  • Boudicca!’
  • His impression after just one phone call.
  • And she was!
  • As we arrived on the dot as strictly instructed, her first words were...
  • ‘Fifty pounds!’
  • no good evening, welcome or any of the usual pleasantries... straight in!
  • We sat in a semi circle, all quivering in our boots.
  • As the evening progressed my fear and trembling subsided a little.  
  • She knew her stuff that was clear, by the end of the evening much against my better judgement I began to warm to her.  I must confess here I have always been drawn to the out of the ordinary folk.
  • As we drove away...
‘She wasn’t that bad!’

‘No, perhaps not, if anyone can help us she can!’


  • Next week we are allowed to take Ellie, then we can get an idea of just what she’s made of!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Good luck! The one we went to was lovely though firm with the dogs. Sonny, our dog, was a model pupil, he knew when to behave - it has to be said he wasn't quite as model when we were not at class! They're not daft dogs!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a feeling that will be Ellie in one! I do honestly think I am in the main THE problem as I am an oik one minute then daft as a brush, and as quick as a flash stern brooking no arguments. Is it any wonder both dog and man never know whether they’re on this earth or Fullers Earth? I’d hate to live with me I don’t mind telling you!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Smartest/naughtiest dog I ever had was a medium-sized terrier cross bitch called 'Pip'. I took her to obedience classes.
    She took a real shine to an enormous Bull Mastiff, totally ignored me the whole time - threw herself at the big boy and wouldn't obey my commands at all. I was excluded from the room, sent out like a naughty girl, while the teacher took over Pip. Little so and so behaved like a Crufts Obedience Champion. Teacher decided I was the problem. Pip smirked all the way home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is us I am sure who need the training. Although how you were expected to learn being banished from the room I’ve no idea? By osmosis through the ruddy wall I suppose? Dogs, who’d have them? You and me for one Elaine... or should I say two?

      LX

      Delete
  3. Let's hope she is kinder with the dogs! Barbara Woodhouse ? Remember her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is a dog person not a people person which just what we need! Added to which I think her bark is worse than her bite. Time will tell. Tomorrow she comes here to get us match fit for Sunday night!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...