..

Thursday 27 August 2020

On a brighter...

note... Err!?!
Told tight, I am going to have to think about this?

Our task was to sell signed and numbered prints of the artist who our ‘boss’ had taken under her wing!?!

Emily and myself were trained cordon bleu chefs, what did we know about selling art?
It mattered not, as the great and the good were gathered at this most salubrious of addresses in London for a charity event.

After we got over the vision of the likes of Madonna rubbing shoulders with Ronnie Corbett.  Oh alright, to be more precise his shoulder and her left bosoom.  We looked and looked until our I Spy books of the rich and famous were full.  Settling down to the job in hand we attempted to flog these prints.  All was going well until we discovered we had both sold and marked 26/200 to different celebs.
Well, I don’t mind telling you, I was highly amused Emily not so.  She had a mini meltdown...
‘What if the boss finds out?’
No worries said I not giving a stuff!  In the unlikely event that
David Frost nips round for tea with Anthea Turner, or vice versa, is it likely that either of them will notice that their prints are numbered the same?  Added to which their prints were probably in the same place our unsold 4000, minus  obviously the 26, no, 27 copies of the blooming awful pictures that we did manage to sell... 
The ruddy bin!
She did eventually see my take on things as I laughed fit to bust.

The boss never knew, they never knew.  We knew though, as we both went back to our respective roles in both houses, all the while knowing our Cordon Bleu was best exercised at cooking not flogging dodgy art!




12 comments:

  1. Oh dear, but what if David and Anthea both read your blog?...actually I think he may no longer be with us... so you are safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody reads my blog... well present company excepted of course!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so too! Emily knew our boss rather better than me, having been in the firing line too many times. Whereas me, I didn’t take any flak so was always given a wide berth!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Oh dear..and the artist hadn't learnt to number their own prints?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn’t believe the half of it? The stories I could tell, folk would really think I was a fibber-dibber!?! Fun times, but such hard, hard work for piffling pay!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If one had had 27 he/she wouldn't have remembered that it was 26 once anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We numbered them as we went along. If you think about it the whole thing was a cock-up Rachel!

      LX

      Delete
  6. Glad you convinced Emily the lighter side was the brighter side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family took themselves so seriously that the only way to go was to laugh, far better than crying, as I ought to say many of the staff did! Not me... Never! Life is too blooming short!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...