..

Wednesday 26 August 2020

A fruit salad of...

thoughts, not all of them sweet!

As hard as I try not to, I am worried that Trump will be 
re-elected.

Audrey is failing and sleeps most of the day.
We have suggested we go down to see her and she is happy for us 
to. Her thinking so far has been to completely self isolate, so this is a complete sea change?  I said to her yesterday on one of her very rare calls, that maybe her sleeping all day was her preparing for the big sleep.  She laughed and said she fully expects to live to 103!  She is 96 on the 15th September.

The so-called democratic countries and most of their leaders grimly holding onto to power at all costs!  What is that all about?
Money, I suppose.

I am changing from a glass half full girl to a drip in the bottom of an empty glass girl.

Having to diet is making me grumpy.

Ellie is making me happy.

Looking to move far from the madding crowd I find every other bugger has the same idea!

The company making our stairs have bumped us back to late November. Not happy! We are getting another firm to come and quote.  

Porridge of the gods...
28g oatbran
28g organic porridge oats
4 brazil nuts,4 hazelnuts,
4 dried apricots all chopped.
Soak with skimmed milk in a bowl with a sprinkle of sweet ground cinnamon. 
Leave overnight in the fridge for a delish brekkie... blooming ambrosia and slimming as well, what is there not to like?


The pond being dug is getting closer, the huge rose and two of the box balls have been spoken for.  I do love a potter in the garden that keeps me content.  Thinking about it I potter, not do much actual work!?!

I love planning, dreaming and scheming.  Sadly I just can’t be!
A definite design fault of having lived an action-packed life I suppose?

My mindfulness has taken a back seat, which should be a huge help, if only I could find the time in my busy day doing sod all!

Paint sample pots are being ordered, I can feel my slumbering interior design guru stirring from the bowels of my very being, not literally obv!  If himself only knew he would be cowering behind the garden room.

I await with excitement my latest book...

Untamed by Glennon Doyle

Brace yourself world...



12 comments:

  1. I too worry that people might just re elect the eejit who is orange. It doesn't bear thinking about.
    Will you be able to find accommodation if you visit Audrey? If you could I think you'd be right to go and see her I think it would do both her and you good to see each other in real life again. It might give her a wee boost.
    It's getting to that time of year when all good people head to B&Q for the paint etc 'in time for Christmas'!! I'm still hanging on grimly for an Indian summer, or even a German summer I'm not fussed any kind of summer will do me!!
    Did you know that apparently full cream milk is good for you if you're on a diet? That Dr Moseley (I think) said so and I believe him so I've changed to it and its yummy! Every time I feel a need to diet I also feel a need to bake things at the same time. Is this a coincidence I wonder?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The complex where she stays has a guest flat, we are booked in for one night. It will be good to see her and to get her latest requirements about how I am to tell her son of her having died. It falls on me as I seem oddly to be the one he hasn’t kicked off with, he has mental health problems and lives in a hostel. Not a job I am looking forward to!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I'm planning and dreaming all the time but not much actually gets done. Every time I hear of someone on a diet I cringe, I know I should be on one but then I tell myself that at 74 I should be able to eat what I enjoy and forget the diet until another day, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you seem to have the same MO as me! Every time I go on a diet I cringe too, thinking about it is even worse. I wouldn’t mind but we all know diets don’t work, at least for the likes of two lotus eaters like us!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I love that blog (i mean all of it read as one) but can't exactly say why. Maybe its nicely rounded. You describe yourself as grumpy but write cheerfully - humourously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigger, being this grumpy is blooming hard work I don’t mind telling you! It’s bordering on a ruddy art-form!

      LX

      Delete
  4. You dread it...so do all my American friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got a horrible feeling he’ll do it! What signal does that send to the world at large?

      LX

      Delete
  5. How about this,.... I predict that Trump will win with a landslide. He will get the House and the Senate. I'll bet you Girls $50.00 each if I loose, I can manage 250.00 Dollars, but if you Girls loose you own me $50.00 each.
    What ever happens over there in the U.S means nothing to me, as long as the Border to Canada is kept close I'm fine!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Are you a girl with a pointed hat and a glass ball?

      LX

      Delete
  6. I am excellent at directing brilliant ideas. It's lovely, having work done so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband has said he really now wants to pay someone else to do the job. This is after many years of doing most things himself. Fair do’s I suppose, he IS old!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...