..

Tuesday 25 August 2020

We went to the pub for...

lunch courtesy of that nice Mr Rishi Sunack.  His £10 meal deal.
Walking to the restaurant with Ellie I suddenly felt my head feel a little strange.  Trudging along trying hard not to let this blooming thing get me, I thought am I going to get there and have to cry off?  Mind over matter, I carried on, not breathing a word to himself who would have walked in and cancelled our booking on the spot! We were shown to a lovely table overlooking the river and by a much needed open window.  Luckily he didn’t notice my stiff and upright gait resembled an ironing board!  I didn’t dare move my head for fear of it getting worse. My gaze never wavered as I locked onto the husband sat across the table.  I glanced at the menu, chose what I wanted, even ordered a glass of wine.  Small talk was about all I could manage as I fought to overcome this strange feeling.  This time I knew that it wasn’t the usual BPPV, it seemed oddly connected to my hearing?  An inner ear infection maybe? 
A landlocked type of seasickness?
Very weird.
With willpower on speed, mind over matter type of thing it started to recede, I even glanced out at the fast flowing river which until that point I had been frightened to do in case it made the whole thing really kick off.

It went: for the first time I had conquered it without staggering around like a drunk or worse still   throwing up!

As we walked home through the woods, I came clean about how I had felt and asked him to fight for me if it ever became something serious!


An odd end to a government sponsored luncheon date?

8 comments:

  1. I've had small, tiny, brief episodes of vertigo, but never so debilitating as that. And I fixed my focus and didn't waver and it past. But to walk. Wow. Glad you beat it and had a great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was different from the previous attacks and this time I conquered it. It is a worry though as to the cause?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Frightening.
    I'm glad it passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is Sue it remains always present, just by the fear of it making a reappearance!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Are you just coming out of guarantee? That's often a cause for failure in heavy machinery such as wireless sets and mangles...

    I find it easier these days to keep a note of the more normal, unafflicted moments - uses less paper. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blooming guarantee? The only guarantee I’ve got is the one that clearly states that unlike the Duracell bunny I will fly like a fart in a colander looking for a hole to get out until I am DEAD. Batteries never needed. Maybe that is why I have never got the call from the company to feature in their ad’s, added to which sadly I am not pink and fluffy.

      I do love a good mangle. Unafflicted moments are so rare I could write them on the back of the envelope that has accompanied my latest summons...

      LX

      Delete
  4. It is clear to me you are falling apart! No doubt about it. You probably need to lie in a darkened room now for a prolonged period and only if nothing else falls off should you rise again. Signed dr strangefellow. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, at speed. This lying in a darkened room appeals, especially with a butler to peel me the odd grape or two.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...