..

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Ludlow’s a funny...

place, so many people you bump into know exactly where you live.
It started before we even got here when I sent a friend the details of this cottage.  She is a potter and lives in York.  As soon as she saw the details and the address she said I was walking past and saying to Derek, what a lovely peaceful backwater.  She was here bringing some pots to a local gallery.  Then Viv from hens teeth 
came to visit and said her sister had been here the year before visiting the ‘Secret Gardens of Ludlow’.  Our garden was featured: sadly not any more as Ellie has worked her magic!?!
Then in town lots of folk who you get into conversation with enquire and then follow up with
‘Oh yes, we’ve been to your cottage for dinner!
Just this morning in the woods we got chatting to a couple from Australia, Ellie is a huge icebreaker.  Over the course of our conversation they asked where we were in Ludlow, only to say
‘Oh yes we were invited in to see the property which was up for sale!  We well remember the Orangery and the Garden Room!?!’
All the way from Australia and what were the chances of us talking to them and finding out about them having been in our home five years ago.


This is the photograph they took of Ellie.
Lovely, lovely people in an increasingly shrinking world.


6 comments:

  1. Good looking dog. Handsome boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes! She is so sweet and the boots are good for steaming up the hills.

      LX

      Delete
  2. How do you keep Ellie so clean? She looks very attentive. Was there a treat in the offing?
    The previous owners of your cottage sound very hospitable as most of Ludlow seems to have been for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a clean dog, although she does pong a bit. I have a thing about folk coming and the house smelling of dog! Now before you think I’m house proud, nothing could be further from the truth. It’s just smelly dogs I have a thing a problem with. They just called her and caught such a lovely expression.

      Yes, the previous owners do seem to have an interesting following!?! It was a nightmare actually getting the cottage!

      LX

      Delete
    2. I am lucky that schnauzers are very pong free, even when wet !
      Some years ago I had to go and feed my friend's cat. Their 2 springer spaniels were in kennels, but when I went into the back room where they usually lived I was nearly floored by the stink of dog!
      BTW.....the timings on your blog seem to be a bit out....not sure how that works, but I def. didn't post at 20 past midnight!!

      Delete
    3. Owners don’t seem to smell their pets, that’s why I am super sensitive about our home smelling of dog! I’m like a truffle hound on the case!

      Yes, Frances, the story of my life, I always seem out of step with life as well as time!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...