..

Friday 7 February 2020

I loiter about in

a shop that is stuffed with artists materials.  I paw over the pens of all colours and hues, nibs, tips - chisel and fine. Acrylic, watercolours, pastels, tempera, crayons and just common or garden graphite.
If yearning could be an art form then I’m Picasso.



Mark making my lovely friend Viv calls it... If only?

I sit at my desk, with the few things I have allowed myself to buy in the full knowledge of the total waste of money.  Inspiration will strike of that I’m sure...
I know, I’ll doodle and that will at least be mark making, Viv will approve!  I sit and strangely nothing comes...  The odd thing is when my brain is otherwise engaged my doodles triffid-like grow across the page... how does that work?
I sit and yearn, constipation is the name of my arty-farty game... nothing comes.  I’m doomed to a life frequented by matchstick men of an anorexic kind.

I need to make a card for my daughter in law’s birthday.  Out comes the carefully squirrelled away pieces of fabric and off I go... now you’re talking LL!  I lose myself in making pictures with fabric. I suppose you could at a push call it art?




6 comments:

  1. Ooh, please show us the card when it is finished...perhaps after the DIL has seen it !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will... you might regret asking as what could you say if you thought it was naff? ‘Quite nice!’ When my Auntie Margarine absolutely hated something that was her very genteel way of saying it is pants!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Art or craft, if it is made with your own hand it will be treasured. I go to the Adult Learning classes in Strathclyde University - painting with Acrylics once a week. I love it and when I'm busy painting and in the zone, I feel very relaxed which is lovely. I'm not good at making up pictures, I need to have a photograph to paint. Your fabric art is fabulous, I remember you showing us some before. If an unmade bed can be art - a card made with fabric is certainly art!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you MG! To have the courage to paint and let the world see your efforts. My painting ability is of the closet sort... you know the type of thing, art on the backside of the door of the ladies loo... ‘Lettice Leaf was ‘ere!’ with a rough, and I mean rough, sketch of a fat lady sat on a lav!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I do believe you underappreciate yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe I do Joanne! Trouble is I’ve been at it too long now. Better that than overappreciating don’t you agree?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...