..

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Snapshot of my day...


After the excitements of yesterday I was looking forward to a quiet day at home, measuring, manoeuvring, trimming, planning and scheming.
Last night an SOS came in for me to go back to the hospital today to help with a tricky situation.
So after having a mid morning coffee I set off, having taken the precaution of wearing blinkers just on the off chance you understand, that interesting artefacts make themselves known to me as I perambulate to work.  Husband waits at home in fear and trepidation as to what or who might accompany me home?
As he would say I do have previous on both counts!
I came away in tears, I know I am going to have to toughen up and I will.
After lunch we set to in the garden, all in readiness for the greenhouse.    In a couple of hours a rampant shrub was cut down, chopped up and taken to the tip.  The itinerant grille is slowly being man and woman-handled up the garden path.  I don’t mind telling you I’ve been led up the garden path more times than is good for a girl.  The latest plan is to lean it on the garden wall and train a clematis through it.
Ellie will have a bombproof  kennel with flowery walls, just what a discerning dog deserves, nay demands, don’t you know!

Just back from a trip to the vet. This afternoon during our major clipping and cutting back.  Ellie always keen to help, started chewing sticks.  She also has a liking for stones!  After her supper she started retching and rushing out to eat grass.  I naturally panicked and off we all went to the vets.  After a thorough check up she was declared fit.  
Quite an eventful day.

4 comments:

  1. A bit too much day for me. I hope you and Ellie work through all her problems. Or she just damn well gives them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well too much day today as well! The saga goes on. Dogs, cats, kids... who would have them?

      LX

      Delete
  2. I trained Alexi not to pick up sticks from an early age . As a pup he used to pick up a small one and carry it like a cigar....I was terrified it would catch on the ground and go down his throat so I always took them off him, and he soon learnt not to bother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven’t had Ellie from an early age sadly. She has picked up these strange behaviours as I suppose a coping mechanism for a hellish life. Whenever I see people throwing sticks I always feel really uncomfortable and fearful. The trouble with Ellie yesterday, as soon as I saw her munching a small piece of stick she quickly swallowed it!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...