..

Tuesday 17 March 2020

The effects of...

the virus thus(I just love that word?) far...
I feel odd!
Not worried just odd!
The world as we know it is having to change, not before time I honestly think.
For too long we have taken things for granted.  Old folk often used to say the trouble with this generation is they have never experienced a war.  Well we are now on the cusp of doing just that.  Not admittedly war as we know it, but one of a totally different kind.  And ‘kind’ it ain’t!
Don’t be fooled by her name...
Mother Nature!

The kindness and consideration that has been sadly lacking with the me, me, me attitude of today will have to change.  Let’s all become less self centred, open ourselves up to others views, their needs and wants and let’s put ourselves in second place instead of the pole position so many of us think our 
divine right!



Stand by your beds for further bulletins and nuggets of nonsense from the old soothsayer of Ludlow.
Pearls before swine?
Maybe!?!

8 comments:

  1. Not much sign of being less self centred in the shops just now! My daughter works in Tesco Extra and she's getting all sorts of verbal abuse from customers looking for all the stuff people have bought in bulk! She said the freezers yesterday looked as though they were broken as there wasn't a single thing left in them! Thankfully in my little local branch things are much calmer and more civilised but we're all much older here!! I look forward to nuggets of nonsense or chicken, whatever! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having you as a customer MG, your local store is obv. far more refined, bet they even put the red carpet out when they know you are about to grace them with your presence!

      Chicken nuggets? I scoured the whole of Shropshire, I don’t mind telling you there’s not one pack to be had anywhere! Now if it’s loo rolls you’re after I can do you a good price at a pound a sheet, not a lot in these straightened times is it?

      LX

      Delete
    2. Eh, yes, of course there are red carpets everywhere in my life!
      I'll do you a deal on chicken nuggets if you want. We had some the other night and very bland they were! You are welcome to them! I have plenty of toilet paper thank you. I have so much I sent 4 rolls to my son in Australia! x

      Delete
  2. I think people are panic buying things that they don't usually buy. It could be a good thing in that some are shopping for those who cannot, keeping an eye out for a neighbour for a change...we just have to all carry it on when the crisis comes to an end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everyone just bought what they usually do and at the same rate, there would be plenty to go round. People don’t though, I suppose it is the siege mentality and I think we are all guilty of it to a greater or lesser degree. Last Monday I saw a woman walking out of the supermarket with a pack of loo rolls, for a fleeting minute I thought maybe I will buy some. Knowing I already had a pack of nine unopened I thought ...No! It did cross my mind though. Yes like you I would like to think all our good deeds will be carried on after this ghastly thing has gone.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  4. We aren't up against it yet, like China and Italy. When we are, we will behave kindly, sensibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only then Joanne? Just read your post, the thing that jumped out was your thoughts on the ogre in the white house. Will you ever be free of a Trump of one sort or another?

      LX

      Delete
  5. This Pandemic is bringing out the very Best in some people and sadly the very Worst in other people. I do think the World will have to be less Egocentric and responsible, which isn't such a Bad thing!

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...