..

Sunday 1 March 2020

‘We’ve got them by...

the balls!’ 
we cried as commando-like we crept up the steps.  Ellie was the advance party sent ahead to sniff out where they were camped.


We weren’t really surprised at her report that they hadn’t moved.  It was obvious on an earlier reconnaissance that they were settled in for the long haul.
How to get them out was the main thing?  Yesterday we identified the weakest and concentrated our efforts on killing that.  In the process we did sustain one injury nay death!  The garden fork broke its back in the initial onslaught.
The Commander-in-chief sent a squaddie out to the local arms department for a new weapon of mass destruction.
‘Make sure you get the very best they have!’ 
she barked as he slid on his tum away from the theatre of war.

More to follow on the exploits of 
Mum’s Army...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I can hear the call Captain Mainwaring, the best fork or else!! I hope it was better than standard issue and was capable of satisfying the leader of the pack! You are made of sterner stuff than me LL, you won't find me out in the garden yet!! I've just returned from dog walking and got in just in time before yet another wave of this blooming rain has blown in on the wind. I'm putting it out into the universe - WE NEED SOME DRY WEATHER NOW FOR A WHILE PLEASE!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was and more than up to the task ahead. Sadly we had to decapitate the enemy as it wasn’t going without a fight.

      I am happiest out working in the fresh air, black fingernails tell their own story. Dusting and housework I can’t abide, yet getting down and dirty I adore. The weather today has been glorious, a little rain, lots of sun, and on the walk back from the woods Ludlow castle was framed by not one but two rainbows, a truly magical sight after a good days graft.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...