..

Sunday 29 March 2020

You don’t really know...

yourself until...
you realise the inner strengths and skills you actually possess.
After years of honing to the enth degree my persona of dizziness, utter disregard of the word sensible I have to my horror discovered a diamond hard vein of capability!  
Sense and Sensibility eat your heart out!

Me... revolting!

Blooming worrying you must agree?  What will my family and friends make of this strange new creature that is emerging?  At least until I have had time to come to terms with it they will never know. For  now as per the ole Boris’ diktat we are keeping our powder dry and ourselves safe.  Let’s hope we all knuckle down and do as we are told for the greater good of all.

This ruling is feeding my inner recluse.  The heading to my blog says it all really.  The awful thing is the days are just drifting by.  I have a pile of books I really, really want to read, craft projects to do, seeds to sow in my new greenhouse, spring cleaning... NO... NEVER!
Cupboards to sort out, decorating even!?!  The awful thing is I am just so busy doing sweet nothing... how does that work?
Anyway I can’t sit around here chatting to you guys...
sloth calls.
Toodle-pip!


6 comments:

  1. My inner sloth has emerged too! I have so many things I could and should be doing yet I cannot settle to anything, not even the telly! That subscription to Netflix I took out at the beginning of all this is so far lying dormant! I think we'll get used to the new normal though, I also think it won't go away any time soon so we'll just have to get used to it. On the plus side, my daughter is now buckling down to cooking proper meals and loving it! She made spatchcock chicken with 'real' gravy, made from the spine of the chicken no less!!! I'd have bet every penny I have that she'd never in a million years do that! Every cloud and that silver lining eh! I knew you had a very able and capable person inside you, you can tell! Be careful out there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I replied to this MG, and now it has gone. Maybe in a fit of pique I spiked it along with lots of spam, which I absolutely abhor. The gremlins are surviving and wreaking havoc along with the virus.

      Please to hear your daughter has attacked real cooking. And Netflix I have thought about, that’s as far as I’ve got!

      LX

      Delete
  2. I can still do everything I did the day before, just more slowly. This does not bode well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you doing it slowly Joanne because of filling the days or because you are feeling a tad flat or perish the thought... poorly?

      Keep well.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Me too......I had a mental list of all the things I could do while forced to be at home, but hardly touched it yet. I can do it tomorrow, or the next day, or the next week/month....... ! I have been on this computer now for over an hour over breakfast, just reading blogs and did a long email to one of them. Sun is out now so the dog might get his one walk. I am fed up and for some reason I am suddenly looking much older in the mirror !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, I looked in the mirror and didn’t like what I saw either! The days seem to slip by in a cloud of very little getting done, how does that work?

      I have written a few emails and one proper letter, the written word does give me pleasure even though what I write is largely twaddle.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...