..

Saturday 28 March 2020

I’m all of a...

do-dar!
What to do next for badness?
The husband on an undercover mission has located a bag of multi-purpose for me, was this a cunning ploy to give himself a break from my peering at him and wondered what to suggest next, I idly wonder!?!

Already I have made a nutty soda bread.


Yes, yes, I know full well what you are thinking!

I am making my own yogurt, the last lot was a huge success. Just a jam thermometer and a saucepan, I was surprised at my very passable set yogurt.  So good for the gut, what!

From 500g of mince I have made some food for Ellie, spot the meat type of food.  A small shepherds pie for us last night and a curry planned for tonight with the addition of a few veg.  An ageing dal I have discovered cowering at the bottom of the freezer.  Poppadoms we can do without.  
A tasty homemade takeaway, what is there not to like.  Speaking of which the scales show a 1.5lb loss this morning, maybe the batteries are running low?

4 comments:

  1. Funnily enough I got all inventive myself yesterday too. I had two very overripe bananas glaring at me and just as I was about to throw them out my 'miserly Scottish nature' kicked in and I decided to try a banana loaf. Now, I adore bananas - raw, but I don't like cooked or warm banana so I wasn't entirely sure this would be a success! However I flung in a bit extra cinnamon and ginger and you can barely taste the bananas now and I'm very pleased with myself! Tonight we're having fajitas with slightly out of date wraps, but I know your hatred of all things out of date and I decided ok, if Lettuce can eat out of date stuff then so can I!! As long as there is nothing green or hairy we're good!! Like you I'm finding my clothes are a tiny bit less tight just now too and I think its because I'm not snacking as much for some reason, or maybe my batteries are going too, its a possibility!!
    I've also been rereading through one of my old blogs and I'm wondering whether to revive it again? It was lovely meandering down memory lane and reminded me how nice it was to put words to some of the photos from my phone. I'm thinking!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do it MG... why did you give up anyway? You always have stuff to say, so grasp the nettle and get cracking.

      You already know my thoughts on these best before dates and sell by dates, they are purely as a guide. If we didn’t have them we would employ common sense, sadly in this self obsessed world where most of us have too much of a good thing, we decide in our infinite wisdom to chuck perfectly good things away with little thought about the consequences? The good that will come out of all this will be that hopefully the majority will NEVER go back to taking things for granted ever again. We will I hope all acknowledge that life and the planet is so blooming fragile and amend our ways accordingly. We can only live in hope!

      Be well lassie and keep taking the LL optimism tablets, preferably washed down with a single malt, only to kill any stray bugs, you understand?

      LX

      Delete
  2. The hell with sell by. When the eggs are a month old, they make custard. When the milk goes sour, it makes cornbread. Etcetcetc. That's the way I was raised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m totally with you on this Joanne. Hopefully from all this pain, the realisation as to what so many have taken as their divine right is going to change. At least that is my hope!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...