..

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Stir crazy...

emphasis on the stir.
All was going well, I had been busy in the garden repotting the tomato plants and generally rearranging the greenhouse.  In my world I am either horizontal or powering down the fast lane.  At times I could so easily be called slothful, others a total pain in the arse.  With me there is no middle ground.
The plan was a bracing walk up Clee Hill and boy was it bbb-bracing.  The wind cut through you with needles of ice.  For some reason I found the steep climb a real puff.  Over time and without noticing it my fitness has crept up.  I now walk up the steep hill into town without fantasising about breaking the glass on the defibrillator case at the top.  I even feel on good days I could take on Everest, although the nose to tail of queuing couldn’t be classed as social distancing.  Added to which the litter of spent loo paper and added excitements would offend my very prim and proper demeanour.  
Anyway back to the tale of yesterday’s expedition.
On the way home past my newest best supermarket... Aldi we decided husband would drop me off then take Ellie home, come back and pick me up.  A simple plan.  I walked in looking like a windswept tramp crossed with a scruff of a dominatrix wearing black leather gloves and hobnail boots.  All good... so far until from out of the blue I could feel my gait list to starboard. I ignored it, like you do?  It then ever so smoothly moved up a gear. With every fibre of self control pulsing to keep me straight I carried on.  Until I thought if I do I will definitely 
collopse in a heap.  I tottered to the door, the trolley was a godsend acting as a old dears walker.  Risking one hand off the trolley I hailed the husband like you would a cab, who luckily was parked right outside, gave him the list and like a drunk tottered to the car.  With the world going round I sat in the car and thought if I had sunk to the floor what would have happened in these days of people so afraid?
This time the BPPV wasn’t nearly as bad.  Made much better by getting home to a parcel, the contents of which quite took my mind of the weird world I had temporarily found myself in...



Thank you MG...



6 comments:

  1. They are very moreish! Surely not good for the hips (size of) but we all need a little pick me up just now - perhaps you more than some from the sound of things!
    I hope you're feeling better today. Maybe it was the brr y'ness of the hill that got you? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder whether it was the icy cold wind? I am fine today. The canapes I am saving until our next drinks which we try to have only at weekends, which I ought to say we don’t always manage!?!

      Thank you MG I shall raise a glass when I crack them open... can’t wait.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better today. As we get older these things happen more often unfortunately and most times we don't know what caused it. Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am back to full power, a little respite might be in order thinks the husband? Thank you for your wise words Montrue.

      LX

      Delete
  3. i hope your icy wind diagnosis is correct and now all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, I was clambering over the fallen stones of the iron age fort, my mind full of how best to turn the clock back? Once an oik always an oik! The passage of time hasn’t slowed me up... yet. I know, I know it is biding its time!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...