..

Wednesday 20 May 2020

The story so far...

last night I had an hour long chat with Audrey after days of radio silence.  My fears of her imminent death are grossly wide of the mark.  And to think I assumed she was just a shroud thickness away from the great blue yonder?
Oh dear me no, she is back on form  contradicting me at every turn, arguing the toss just about every cotton picking thing I said.

‘These people make me so cross clapping for carers, they are the ones who voted for Brexit  and Boris and that’s what has got us into this situation!’

I opened and closed my mouth a few times, I did manage to say that she was coming across as a dictator. I must polish up my ability to interrupt quicker it has been out of practice of late!
At ninety six to be that engaged with life and the world this close to her departure date, just blows my mind.  Good for her!

She shared a confidence that she really shouldn’t have done, I did say best not!  With hindsight I should have said...
‘Oh do tell!’
That would have shut her up like a clam.
The card hasn’t arrived yet so I suppose I must brace myself for another chat tonight... hold on... being talked at is more accurate!

Audrey isn’t ready yet for anything as common as dying.
If they could patent her, the search for a vaccine for Coronavirus would be over.


Up the workers!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a dying breed, if you’ll pardon the expression.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...