..

Monday 15 June 2020

BPPV & Visual migraine...

this is the extent of my year, so far!

Seven episodes sprinkled with a little stardust of zig-zagging sight that is my world to date this year...
visual migraine.

What a pain, whichever way you look at it and with this as a constant I try so hard not to look, or at least move my eyes, my head, bend over, twist, reach, you name it!  Zombie-like I move through the days, himself I see looking, watching, waiting.

After a telephone consultation on Friday the doctor said I think we had better see you.  
‘I feel a fraud using up your time for something as piffling as this!’
He batted away my waving the get out of jail free card.
This afternoon sees me creeping up the hill to the surgery.
How the blooming mighty have fallen!




11 comments:

  1. Hope you can get that sorted. My DiL gets stonking headaches and migraines too. Not fun atall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! You feel like your head is just about to self-combust. I naively thought I had kicked it into touch when it seemed to go after the menopause. Now I have an odd call from it’s first frigging cousin the visual side of the migraine family.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Best of wishes for getting it sorted out. Any ideas if there are triggers and what they might be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopefully getting it sorted, thank you for your bestest of wishes Tigger.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Horrible, horrible. I do hope the appointment has been helpful, or at the very least reassuring.
    Take care dear LL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err... thank you Elaine, not at all what I was expecting! After intense negotiation I came away feeling a lot better! I will explain...

      LX

      Delete
  4. I am intrigued with the sentence to Elaine 'After intense negotiation'!!! How on earth do you negotiate with a doctor?? I can't wait to hear. Other than that, I'm glad you felt better and I hope the doctor has discovered you have an off switch for this or something! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was smartly but kindly put in my place by a lovely straight talking doctor. Just what I needed, I even had the grace to admit as much. As I departed she said I shall look forward to our next negotiation. My parting shot was ‘I do love a bit of argy-bargy. She laughed as I swept out. My new doctor I like! A good start...

      LX

      Delete
  5. You need to get a handle on this. A debilitating problem is worse than awful. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got it sorted Joanne, and already I feel more positive, knowing exactly what’s what.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...