..

Thursday 25 June 2020

Collie wobbles...

 thoughts from a dog in Ludlow.
My breed is thought to be the most intelligent of mutts, rightly so to my mind.
The thing that foxes me, if you’ll pardon the expression is...
these humans are strange beings, they do the most extraordinary things, for example taking me up to town on the hottest day this year.  Alright it was early in the morning and they did hug the shade, but still?  They know being a collie I only really like wide open spaces and rounding up sheep, that’s what I do, that is firmly imprinted in my DNA.  They add insult to injury by putting a pink harness on me, this is they think to stop me pulling?  I try to lead the walk, it is for my benefit after all!  Herself insists she is the leader of the pack, he being a man is happy for a quiet life and lets the two bitches jockey for pole position.
The town I am getting a little more relaxed in, my tail only occasionally goes down and under my tum.  That is usually when I see someone on a strange contraption with two wheels, why they sit on this when they have two legs that do exactly the same get them from A - B is a mystery?
And another thing my folks fear other people because we have to Away and Come by whenever we see some coming in our direction.  This wasn’t always the case and not knowing what their anxiety is I can’t really help?
During this hot weather we sit in the garden.  I have a very nice des.res. that mum has grandly called Clematis Cottage, how pretentious is that?  She struggled  home with the grill, leant it against the wall for the clematis to grow up right where I have my place of safety in the garden.  I must say she was spot-on as it is cool and very bijou and through the greenery I can sit and view without myself being observed by them or anyone come to that!

These hot days we always go to the forest where I love to run, the other day I got to within a whisker of catching a squirrel, trouble with that is they will cheat and run up trees which I haven’t mastered yet.

On these walks if I get too hot I find a muddy puddle in the shade and sit in it.  Clearly this having a fur coat to wear all year is a design fault, you must agree?





8 comments:

  1. Well, Ms. B. Collie, you look quite content there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on I shall call you 'The Dog Whisperer'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardly dahling! You could call Ellie the human whisperer, she sure as hell has got us sussed!

      LX

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean Ellie about the fur coat situation. Sonny here, only just surviving the heat, I mean, I live in Scotland for goodness sake, we're not supposed to get hot. I hate hot days with a passion, I look for the shadiest spot in the garden to hide in or, my personal favourite - I dig a hole in the soil down to where its lovely and cool to lie on. Funnily enough the missus doesn't seem to appreciate me doing this for some reason - I can't think why. I'm glad to hear you're coping better with all the town people. I don't mind people at all, most of them want to pat me and tell me I'm gorgeous so who am I to dissuade them. It sounds like you've got a pretty cushy life there, keep them on their toes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do MG, although it is very much work in progress especially with her! She thinks she is top dog: for a very intelligent dog, it didn’t take me long to realise she for a human is a wee bit dim! Sonny, just pick your moments for digging, try and make it look like you are helping with the weeding, then not only do you get what you really, really want... a cool deep hole, but you get treats as well for being such a clever boy!

      EX

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Ellie, you are a clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am allowed to post if I have anything meaningful to say., most times I am more interested in games, walks and food. I am just a dog after all!

      EX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...