..

Saturday 13 June 2020

In these strange times he...

has a new love.
Not content with one, but two!

I hardly get a look in.
He fusses, he cossets, he prepares their food with so much care.  I stand forlorn, overlooked, knowing full well my place at maybe, just maybe fourth down the list Ellie a whisker ahead of me!

Nose in the instruction books, the occasional phone call to a helpline (he does so love a helpline)  
‘Phone them up’
he is often heard to say if I merely touch on a problem...
‘They must have a help line!’

The correct diet is the key, I am reliably informed as carefully he chops, gathers the ingredients with all the panache of a latter day Keith Floyd, glass of wine in hand!
Cordon bleu cheffette me is much amused.
‘Go with the flow, just wang it in!  I say in my best 
That’ll do School of Cookery voice!
The cottage reverberates to the sound of chopping, slicing, mincing.  
I can’t cope!
‘If I got half the love, I’d be happy!’  I snifferly huff!
Unashamed he carries on.

‘Ooh, the babies are escaping, what shall I do?’

‘Just wang another level on!’
I say in a totally disinterested voice, being unloved makes you like that!
Consulting the book which doesn’t include my pithy advice he does exactly that and all is quiet in his love nest.  Peace reigns.
One is going great guns and is responding to all the fuss, hence the babies. 


The other is as sad, sullen and unmoved as I am. 


Difference being it is at least getting the attention I am most definitely NOT!

6 comments:

  1. Worms? Pirate is considering a wormery. I will observe your progress with interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wormery is the one that after a shaky start last year, is going great guns. We have had one lot of compost and lots of liquid fertiliser. The hot bin unlike its name isn’t getting very hot, which it obviously needs to do to break down the just about every thing you put into it. Boy does he fuss, constantly checking its temperature! The beauty of the hot bin is you can put in cooked food, dog poo even, although we draw the line there!

      LX

      Delete
  2. the plants look great so the worm farms must be providing well for the garden. We saw a worm farm recently that was feeding the worms exclusively on used coffee grounds. They seemed to be thriving (if possibly over-caffeined)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wired worms... now there’s a thought! Ours get coffee grounds I am reliably informed. Our little Ludlow worm farm is doing well, the worm water would rival any holy healing water. Well if you can get past the pong!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I thought he was extracting maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be more exciting if he was Joanne, as it is we don’t have much now to go into landfill, so in a funny way... just as good! Not as tasty, mind!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...