..

Saturday 1 August 2020

A bit of a do...

of a day!  Like the Curate’s egg... good in parts.
Walking on the lead training before it got too hot.  Fine all the way into town and around the market until we turn for home... then pull, pull, pull... panic!
We walked around the castle walls with Ellie calming with every step, off the lead, mind!?!  Home along the lane settling, settling, settling.  Progress is slowly being made although in my book I want fastly,fastly,fastly!?!
Patience I haven’t.
Home to 26 emails, well five actually  that for me is the equivalent of 26, only ever getting one and that’s usually a scam.
Some brilliant news, some sad news and one halfway between the two.  Much of the rest of the day has been spent answering the emails.
Then a delivery from one of my most fav companies, I know, I know I shouldn’t but I do.  The efficiency of Amazon fair take your breath away.
Husband struggled in with a box the size of which could easily accommodate my slumbering form, which contained Ellie’s ‘26th’ bed. I have decided her current princess and the pea bed needs an upgrade so in a fit with my leg in the air I decided on a memory foam humongous bed for her to stretch out on.  Out go all the many and various cushions, pallaisses and other sleeping accoutrements and in comes this cloud-like confection for her to slumber on.
I do sometime idly wonder if I spoil her?

Ellie enjoying the stuffing 
from the box!


7 comments:

  1. I suspect you spoil her a bit! But why not, who else would you spoil? Our dog has one bed we got him in Costco not long after we got him. It looks like an armchair but with no legs. He loves it as does my daughters dog. They both charge at the bed and bounce off the back of it before settling! It was getting a bit grotty so I removed its innards, put in some extra stuffing, washed the body of it in the machine, hung it out to dry, refilled it, put it in the usual position and he wouldn't go near it! If I put a biscuit on it he would ignore it, if I put his favourite toy on it he would ignore it. This went on for days! I had no idea what made the difference, he wouldn't even go on it to try the new improved stuffing! Eventually after much persuasion he went back to it and now I'm in a quandary as to what to do when it next needs washed, which is anytime soon! They are funny things dogs don't you think? I hope Ellie sleeps like a log in her new cloud. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How blooming right you are you old sage MG! On so many fronts. Yes, I do spoil her... ✔️ Her off the floor bed had a multitude of cushions, doggy and human ones, then a mattress protector, an old cotton duvet for her being cool in this heat. Over time it has become a tad niffy, she needless to say like ‘Sonny’ ( hope this is right ?) absolutely loved it. Then LL rides to the rescue (?) and completely mucks up the fragrant heap. Ellie is not amused, preferring to lie on the stone floor! Last night, she took some persuasion to get on it and on three occasions of my fussing and encouraging did accept it reluctantly! My thinking was as this room is ready for an overhaul, best start with Ellie, we always call it Ellie’s bedroom, when we turn it into a snug, the plan is for it to be our snug not the flaming dog’s!
      Yes, you are right they are funny things ✔️ The moral of this little sorry tale is... humans think they know best... far flaming from it as the world and all that is happening in it will testify!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Ellie thanks you. (She sent me an email.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wouldn’t surprise me, in the grand scale of things her intellect fair knocks mine into a flaming cocked hat! But hold tight, we all think our pets are by far the most intelligent don’t we?

      LX

      Delete
  3. Beds are funny things - they have to smell just right. You humans use perfumed washing powder, a real nose irritant to a critter that sees the world in smells. It takes a long time to get a bed smelling just right you know....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re telling me Tigger, how right you are. The washing powder thing is something I will remember for next time when I wash anything of hers. With all of this I must say I feel a heel for totally mucking up her pleasure in her bed. A lesson learnt!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I'm honing in on Ellie enjoying the packing material. My old boy, Zac, used to adore Amazon parcels and would sit, all a-quiver, waiting for the moment I took my part of the present out and discarded the box. Then he would clamp his jaws on it, Shake it thoroughly, growl and make murderous sounds while tearing that box into shreds. Afterwards, he would collapse onto the resulting mess and settle happily to a good, long sleep. Job done.
    Oh how I miss him; my present dog is boring.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...