..

Friday 31 July 2020

After a rollicking from...

Rachel yesterday, I thought she’s got a point, so best I get a wiggle on and brighten myself up, even if only for the blog!  I can then grump around Ludlow to my heart’s content, without my chums in blogland knowing what a crosspatch I really am.  Although I’m not, so that last bit is a fib!  I was struggling to think of something  positive to say when I thought about the receptionist in the opticians yesterday who commented on my sunglasses.
‘I do love your sunnies!’ she said.
It got me thinking there are two things I wear that wherever I go I get comments on, one the sunglasses and the other are these earrings.  I thought that would be a sort-of positive blog post, so I tried to take a selfie of the aforesaid items without showing too much of the phizog!



As I was in the David Bailey zone the postman came bringing post for me!?!  Never getting any mail I heard himself chatting to our lovely postman and thought nothing of it.
In he came with a letter, it’s for you from Canada.
‘Canada?  I don’t know anyone in Canada, it must be for the people we bought the cottage from!’  I said in my best Lady Docker tones.
On closer inspection it was indeed for yours truly.  What a glorious surprise.  



not the best of photographers I do hope you can enlarge it to see?

Thank you Moni, the arrival of this beautiful card made with your own fair hands could not have come at a more appropriate moment.  To say it has cheered me up is the understatement.

Don’t you just love your blogging chums.  I know I do!


6 comments:

  1. O.M.G How could I have written hugs with 2 gg's, what's up with my brain?...The word dementia comes to mind!
    Now my day is ruined, how could I?!
    With Covid-19, I thought it would take much longer to get to the U.K.... I had fun making it!
    Hugs, M.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However you spelt it Moni it couldn’t have been more gratefully received, come to think of it huggs carry far more pazzazz than common old hugs, don’t you know! Thank so much, a lovely surprise.

      LXX

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card. I feel bad now cos when you mentioned your upcoming birthday I thought I must send L a card. Of course I then totally forgot all about it! You might get one or you might not, it depends if I still remember this tomorrow or the next day! I do like your glasses and your earrings. I have prescription sunglasses so they are quite understated shall we say! I do think a nice earring can make all the difference. Nice photo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat MG, I’m a Leo, half the month to go yet! I am not the sort of person to get many birthday cards, mainly because I don’t remember other peoples apart from the close family obv. All joking aside, it is the unexpected that always touch me the most, the out of the blue post and if you think about it, don’t most of us love a surprise?

      It makes me smile because those shades were so cheap from somewhere like New Look, even young girls remark on them and the earrings well they are my all time favourite ones. If I had a quid for every time some one says how lovely they are I would be wealthy! Happy days.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Huggs is the perfect greeting these days. The card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought so too. Double G that’s about the size of my bra these days so especially pertinent!?!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...