..

Sunday 2 August 2020

Having just read...

on John Gray’s blog about the problems he is having with the new blog howsyourfather happening anytime soon.  I thought I’d better tell my very select band of followers that if I disappear in a puff of smoke it won’t me voluntarily going, it will be me self combusting and flying like a fart out of the window!
Maybe it’s me age, but I hate change and the so called ‘new improved’ anything.  In fact a case in point is Aldi’s own brand Fruit Pastilles.  Happily on walks we munch along with a pocket full of sweeties, until the last packet I bought!  One sweet in and I emergency stopped in my tracks, out of my chops it comes, I looked it over, popped it back in and investigatively chewed some more! It most definitely isn’t the same!  Another flavour was swiftly deposited into my rosebud mouth only for my initial diagnosis to be confirmed.  Not nearly as good, so our walks now are much healthier as the fruit pastilles have been sent to the big suppository (I ought to explain this isn’t a typo, it’s my word for depository, so much more graffical I feel!?!) in the sky.
My waistline is already enjoying the new regime. So my demise on blogger when the new regime is finally imposed across the board will maybe just maybe to my advantage... dunno?


On a happier note yesterday’s loaf.


6 comments:

  1. Your readers' disadvantage tho certainly. Stick with it if only for your fans. (And so my cat can feel smug about the dog training). That loaf looks like a professional at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a past life I was a chef, never made bread for the family I worked for though. Breakfast, shopping, luncheon, afternoon tea and dinner is enough for any cheffette, sometimes up to fourteen hour days I can tell you are enough for one! Plus the family liked bought bread, and there was no way I was going to start on that little additional chore! Happy, exciting but blooming hard, hard days, I couldn’t do it now... thankfully!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Your bread looks amazing. I would love to taste a piece, with lots of butter of course!
    We had a similar situation as your fruit pastilles with Sainsbury orange squash. Hubby drinks gallons of the stuff. Full sugar, none of your wimpy diet stuff. I buy 6 bottles at a time and the last batch were - rubbish! He said it tasted like it was already diluted so he had to use much more than usual to get any taste so I had to go back much sooner than normal to get more. Blooming J.O. and his sugar tax means lots of companies are trying to find ways to reduce sugar without telling you, hence the 'new improved recipe' notices all over the place! Hubby is distraught! On my last visit I rooted away to the back of the shelf and came up with a few that look more like the original but if they don't pass the taste test he says we'll have to find something else! (note WE will have to find something else!!)
    I know what you mean about Blogger too, I tried the new one last month and I didn't like it, it felt less intuitive to me but we're oldies and I'm sure all the young things will pick it up no bother so who cares! I hope we both manage to navigate our way through it. See you on the other side! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with t’old codger on this. Sugar is the way, not sweetener, never sweetener! I noticed when I looked for a photograph of the pastilles they were on a vegan web site so maybe the recipe has been changed to accommodate vegans so used engine oil instead of animal derivatives is the way forward?

      Blogger for me has always been a love/hate relationship, if it ain’t broken why fix it, added to which the hospitals will be overflowing while folk read our blogs (?) on their phones and get so in the moment with our pearls of wisdom they walk into lamp posts and under the wheels of cars’n’stuff... only saying...

      LX

      Delete
  3. I'm generally not in favor of new stuff, but please don't despair. I've mastered New Blogger. I haven't mastered sourdough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is not lost then Joanne? Sourdough is oddly a religion, to some I suppose you could say the same about blogging?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...