..

Monday 3 August 2020

Sunday evening, wracking my...

brains to think of some of the madcap things I have done in my life.
Did I ever tell you of the time after a convivial evening of drinking mead in the ‘Cock Inn’ at  Cuxton, I took off my knickers and put them on the head of the man driving me home?  Giggling in the back of the car with my coz Chris, her husband was driving, mine was navigator, leaving us two girls to get up to no good.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, the fact that Eddie has all these years later never fully recovered from  the experience is a mere bagatelle.  He keeps getting flash backs apparently!?!
One Christmas Eve we drove out to one of our favourite country pubs where we would sing carols, drink and generally get in the spirit. The breathalyser and the drinking and driving rules were to come!  This particular evening we went in on a cold clear night and in the hours carousing and having fun, quietly and stealthily the snow came.  Coming out into this magical unlooked for world of white was a true once in a lifetime magical Christmas moment.


Getting home in the wee small hours to shoehorn the turkey into the oven for it to be cooked to a shadow of its former self.  Even then it was an odd feeling to get up on Christmas morning to the smell of turkey roasting

I used to sing in french, the fact I had not one word of french wasn’t a problem, at least to me; I was sporting a beret, what more did they want?
I’ve told more people where to hop off from all walks of life than I’ve had hot dinners and that’s a lot!
A cuckoo in the nest of my very respectable parents.


Me being taken for a walk along the prom before I was born!

6 comments:

  1. Now you have outdone me! Reading your posts I thought you are as nuts as I am!.....What's next I wonder,,,, dancing drank and naked on a pole? lol!
    The picture of your Mom and Dad must have been taken in Spring 1946? Good looking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late spring 1947, there I’ve said it I shall be 73 next week. Life has been kind to me, for that I am grateful, health-wise, certainly. Until fairly recently I haven’t looked my age, suddenly the wheels are coming off and every day sees me slowly, nay, fastly morphing into an old crone! A crabby old crone!

    Pole dancing ... no! RSJ dancing doesn’t have the same sexy allure!?!

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I was lucky. Being an only child my mother was determined I wouldn’t be spoilt. My legs can still feel the slaps I got on the back of them. I loved her though, she sadly died at the age of 48.

      LX

      Delete
  4. You have certainly lived a wonderful colourful life! Your parents look lovely. I think we all have those photographs, were photographers just walking along taking photos of people in those days? I must dig out one of my parents, its almost identical!
    Perhaps you should write the book of your memoirs now? You could call it 'shoehorning a turkey' lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you are right photographers did just that, lay in wait for passing lovers, families and all odd balls in between!

      If I had a quid for all the times folk had said that to me, I wouldn’t need to publish a book just peruse the balances in my numbered Swiss accounts. Is it any wonder I am b o r e d? I’ve hit the buffers along with the rest of the world... onwards and upwards...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...