..

Saturday 15 August 2020

I flung my bra across..

the room like a frisbee!

‘Begone contraption of the devil!’

I cried as with a huge sigh of relief my bosoms floated free. 
The weather here in Wales has been 
laverbread hot, as hot as the inside of a volcano’s knickers.

Yesterday we trogged the coastal path, the humidity had us in it’s inhuman embrace.  This weather would kill old girls like me on their 73rd birthday given half the chance.  To add insult to injury the hills were alive with the sound of... Oh dear me no, not music but the rumble of muck spreaders weaving their magic, as well as their pong.  Humidity high, heat off the scale, and the air filled with minuscule atoms of cow shit.  A birthday to remember!

Can you see the tractor silhouetted against the skyline?


In the yurt, Ellie enjoying her birthday present, she was born two years ago in August, so I thought it a good idea for us to celebrate on the same day.
Sound like a plan?


12 comments:

  1. A good plan! Staying in a hurt looks a good idea, and they cope with any weather.
    I remember my dad and a friend out on a bike ride finding a road looking rather greenybrown...oh, shit the lad said..that's not shit,that's Biological came the reply!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biological... what better? Returning to the land, a superb idea, just NOT on my birthday!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Many happy returns of the day, Lettice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rozzie. It was a lovely trip, not the smelly bit though!?!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Yes happy birthday to you both on your Yurt holiday. Don't let Ellie get anywhere near that manure, it is almost impossible to bathe away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living on a diary farm for five years, I know only too well the all embracing aroma!

      LX

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. We both enjoyed it, it was Ellie’s first time at the sea, at least that is what I think? Unless of course in her previous life she was treated to a day out at the seaside between all the horribleness that was metered out to her?

      LX

      Delete
  5. ps. And Happy Birthday Dear Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you both had a happy birthday, despite the weather and the smell!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a stinker in more ways than one, but us girls enjoyed ourselves all the same!

      LX & EX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...