..

Sunday 27 October 2019

A bright idea...

 from a lovely couple in the woods today.
Everyone stops and has a chat with us, Ellie causes so many comments.  All say how beautiful she is and she is!
Conversation ebbs and flows as it does about her history and why she is so cringingly afraid.
With sun streaming through the trees the suggestion was for us to do agility classes.
A brilliant idea some might say with one huge exception... ME!
‘Not in a million years would I do that!  The reason is because wherever I see agility classes I never look at the dog all I look at is the fat old trout in Crimplene elasticated trousers not unlike me, wobbling around the course!’
They both laughed and looked me over.

You get my drift?


6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I know what you mean! It might be ok if you don't do it with a competitive angle? That said, perhaps running round a course chasing your dog will do wonders for you and the crimplene - you do know there will be people who dont know what crimplene even is?! My hubby has started swimming lessons and he says he can't swim for puffing and panting! I said we should go on a fitness regime and lose some weight into the bargain - don't hold your breath! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as he holds his as he drives to get the doubloon winking at him from the bottom of the ocean! Losing weight will be an added bonus for him ploughing up and down the paddling pool. A win, win says I!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Go for it!I didn't think you would be a person who worried about what other people thought.You are braver than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly brave, I’ll give you that! However the bravery is sprinkled with a huge dollop of vanity. The thought of me being viewed as I view others, frankly my dear doesn’t bear thinking about! The sad fact that they probably do anyway is neither here not there...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...