..

Friday 18 October 2019

I do like a bit of...

old tat!  I honestly wish I didn’t but there you are!
Yesterday I escaped the clutches of the oozing sourdough starter, quite a feat I don’t mind telling you.  It really is taking on a life of its own!
I digress.
Walking into the market the very first thing I clapped eyes on was this


an old tin sign.  On enquiring as to the price, I suggested forty might be a more realistic amount. Now I am well aware of the shock horror that may accompany this pearl of wisdom.  She met me halfway at £45, at which I walked away.  Walking back down the hill I thought about it: getting home I told hubs who laid down and played dead. He has long given up kindly enquiring as to where I plan to put these weird and wonderfuls for fear of me demonstrating?
Forty quid was procured without much effort and back up I nonchalantly strolled having in the meantime a spot of fortifying carrot soup.  At least if the negotiations went on into the night I would be able to see.
In my mind the time slurping the soup was crucial to her thinking she had lost the sale?  A cunning plan I thought!
The deal was completed and on a windy day I walked proudly back down the hill, hanging on with dear life to the wildly bucking Cindy.  
Hubs like a goldfish in a bowl opened and closed his mouth a few times.  I thought I heard a feeble  ‘Oh that’s err... nice!’
I could have been wrong, mind! 

10 comments:

  1. So....where will you put it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought is over the stairs, although Cindy might be moved a few times until I find the perfect spot.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Err...what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A curved tin sign, a battered curved tin sign.

      LX

      Delete
  3. That's not tat because it's vintage and didn't arrive on a ship from China!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true is that! Not everyone’s pristine piece of art though. I like its faded charm.

      LX

      Delete
  4. I know exactly what my husband would have said and its not printable! The reason I know what he would have said is that he's said it manys a time when I come home with 'treasure'. I know what I like too! If only models still looked like Cindy Crawford, she is gorgeous, now they all look the same and underfed! Enjoy your artwork. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men must wonder about us girls? Never understand, nor want to! You and I MG were super models of our day, don’t you know!

      LX

      Delete
  5. I just today read that the old wives tale carrots are good for your eyesight originated in Britain during WWII. Your lads' aeroplanes were shooting down an extraordinary amount of German planes. To disguise the fact they were testing a new radar shooting device, the authorities spread the rumor those pilots were fed an extraordinary amount of carrots to improve eyesight,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a superb comment, learning in a fun way. Thank you, I won’t ever forget that now.

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...