..

Saturday 2 November 2019

A taste of my...

day (Saturday).
Wake at 6.45am, a habit we have got into,
weekdays and weekends.  Now we have Ellie it is important we get her out for her first squat of the day.
Tea in bed as we read the paper on our flat things i.e. iPads.
Breakfast the regulation weekend two (weekdays, one!) slices of homemade bread toast, one multigrain the other white sourdough, still holey, still delish!  For weekend brekkie we sit at the table, sometimes with the candles lit.  We always light the candles at supper-time.
I went food shopping while himself took Ellie around the field for her first walk of the day, tipping with rain, then the surprise of an appearance of sun.  Lunch was half a delicious locally made pork pie with the leftover couscous salad from last night’s dinner.  We wandered around the ‘Local to Ludlow’ market where I bought these twisted thingybobbies 


together with a peanut feeder from the same maker.  It is now hanging in the Wrenery.  No sight as yet of any birds as next door has a better class of feast for our  feathered friends.  A quick nip in to our favourite pub which we haven’t been to since we got Ellie as it is in the the heart of town.  The centre of Ludlow is too scary a place as yet for a country dog.  As she was at home on this occasion we thought it a good opportunity to show our faces to give them an update on the one paw forward, two back of our four legged member of the family.
Another three laps of the field with me this time.
Home then for me to make us a tomato and red onion tart, light the fire and hunker down on a wet and miserable evening.  Glass of wine and a good book... what better?

4 comments:

  1. God spare me from 6:45. May I never do it again, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve had my eight hours by then so I am ready to rock and roll.

      LX

      Delete
  2. nothing better!

    Early mornings are good, even when dark. The freshest part of the day, and you get the best of the market goods! Interesting Thingybobbies btw.
    Looks like all three of you are keeping fit with the morning perambulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sort of! We go to our first class this evening the three of us, that should be interesting? No doubt all will be revealed via here!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...