..

Wednesday 25 December 2019

‘Can you free me...

I seem to have got myself handcuffed!’
He happily tore himself away from  the Christmas dinner preparations with the immortal words...
‘I wish you’d told me sooner you were into such things!’ 
as he freed me!

Think I best explain: after a two hour walk in the forest we got back this cold and frosty morn.  After coffee and cognac I decided as I was having the day off I would get my Christmas kit on... anything other than chef’s whites, so in the spirit of a total day off I got myself scrubbed up and slipped into a festive little number including the aforesaid fishnets. All was going well, slap on, hair combed(?) even the festive red Turkish slippers were found and polished... yes you heard right... polished.  Alright it was with the chamois leather used to wipe the bath down... I’m not the world’s best housekeeper I’d be the first to admit... but still!?! Shirt and red sequinned little M&S cardi (charity shop... six quid)on attempting to hike up the fishnets, I managed to get the buttons on my shirt sleeves caught in both sides of the tights.  I stood for a moment not being able to free myself up or down as it were!?!  I hobbled down the stairs to ask for assistance looking for all the world like a net full of mussels, not unfortunately muscles! 
 What am I like?  Far safer in work gear some might say!

 Ellie looks away with the 
thought...

‘Whatever you may think... she’s NOT with me...
okay?’




4 comments:

  1. YOu do make me laugh out loud! I can picture the scene (unfortunately?). I love your slippers, I do like a nice slipper, although not necessarily ones that need polished. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and santa was good to you. We did and it will continue as my daughter bought us tickets to see The Lion King in Edinburgh in January! I saw it when it first came out in London. Everybody said I had no chance of getting tickets as it was sold out for months when we were in London for a few days. Well if someone tells me something is not possible I find I go out of my way to prove them wrong! And even I couldn't believe my luck this time - I marched past a huge queue, much to hubbys horror - went up some stairs to a wee office and said to a very nice young man at the desk 'I don't suppose you have any tickets for tonight do you' His reply was 'actually we do, but its standing only' You could have knocked me down with a feather! Apparantly they have 'spaces' at the back of circle with numbers on and you stand for the performance at your space - who knew. And as if that wasn't enough the spaces were only £10 each. Well, I absolutely loved the performance and have told everyone (including you now) that story. This time we'll get to see it sitting down which might add to the enjoyment! Anyway, I hope you were well pleased with your new dress too, 50% off, well done! Enjoy a few days of 'normality'. Ellie sounds wonderful now, well done you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue who usually comments (she has been disenabled, sounds painfu!) emailed me to say exactly the same. The awful thing is it is all horribly true! As I explained to her all my life I have got myself into one helluva of a pickle... ‘All in the best possible taste!’ as the much loved and missed Kenny Everett would say! The husband is mind blowingly normal which some might say is a good counter balance to my capers... me I couldn’t possibly comment?

      Thanks for commenting on this post I began to think it was too racy for my more staid readers...

      Lucky you, hopefully you will enjoy the show far better sitting down, what with your advancing years and all!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. So this is what you get up to! You have a very nice collection of Turkish slippers - love the fishnet tights, too...it's far too chilly here for fishnets, 200 denier Nora Batty's for me, alas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my Turkish slippers, the old ones which I still wear are twenty years old, they are regrettably on their very last legs now, hardly surprising as they have been worn woman and girl every day! Even at my age I love fishnets I always have. Chilly there? Ludlow is chilly too, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do! I must confess my wacky OTT style is becoming a tad more muted, I’m worried I don’t mind telling you!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...