..

Thursday 26 December 2019

Ellie’s take on...

Boxing Day.
Regular readers of Mum‘s blog will know she isn’t known across the land for her innate common sense. She gets herself into all sorts of scrapes, trouble now I am included, take this morning for example.  Mum decided to take me for a walk to include a shop in Ludlow she has visited for the last couple of weeks on a covert mission of seeing whether the dress she has her eye on has been reduced.  She watched the price fall 20%... oh dear me no this wasn’t sufficient... 50% or nothing was her mantra as under different disguises she sauntered in.  Personally I think she took it a bit far the day she donned a false beard and trilby... even in these days of transgender and all that!
Boxing Day was THE day dad and I were informed as we all stepped smartly out on a money saving mission.  There was one small snag as we walked up the hill to the market.  What were all these folk doing milling about in tweeds and looking decidedly County?  Well you know me, every day a little braver, although as she fearlessly ploughed through the crowds without a qualm I thought I’d better put my best paw forward and be not afraid.  We got to the market to find the Boxing Day hunt were assembled ready for the off.  Now I don’t mind telling you she took it all in her stride as I know she is a sheep in wolves clothing especially about the blooming hunt.  The only time I got troubled was when she disappeared once again into the shop and came out with a 50% smile  from ear to ear.  I was so afraid I’d lose her and be forced into chasing a fox instead of what my chase of choice is... 
a ball.
Mightily pleased we set off for the walk around the castle walls where instantly I am let off the lead even though it is just a cannon ball’s throw from the centre of town.  
We had a walk along the river Teme, up into the woods and home via the pub.
Lots of ball games today as mum and dad are very impressed with the progress I am making.


This is my indoor game which I love although I do much prefer the one this afternoon in the Ludlow College field just a few doors down from where we live.


6 comments:

  1. The rest of us are pretty darn impressed too, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ball that flashes Ellie is playing with as I sit and tap this out. It is by far the favourite toy of Christmas, even in the gloom of the cottage she can see it when it hits the floor and is easy to find in all the dark corners.

      LX

      Delete
  2. Well done Ellie, you are doing really well. Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about her training me... I got my work cut out trying to get her to start acting her age... me, well I’ve got the excuse of youth... what her’s is even for an intelligent collie... I’ve no idea?

      EX

      Delete
  3. Ellie, you are doing brilliantly. Stick at it, you'll soon have your mum and dad fully trained. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already I can see progress, dad’s a doddle, although still I am a little wary. Mum is strict, expects me to always be brave which I do struggle with at times. She is as daft as a brush, I love sitting on her lap for cuddles, although she does complain I weigh a ton!

      EX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...