..

Wednesday 22 January 2020

My 50th...

the great and the good came.  Friends from all corners of the UK.  Lots of interesting folk with tales to tell.  Champagne in dustbins full of ice, beer... ditto... that was it.  Soft drinks aplenty.

My son and I did the catering, us both being chefs it seemed like a good idea.

The weather was glorious, the August evening was truly balmy (I know what you’re thinking... not that sort, although there was an evidence of crazy!?!)
A gazebo on the lawn, food on the terrace, dancing in the dining room.  A lovely lady came to sing, we danced, talked and drank the night away.  All sounds very grand, and in my world it was.



There was one VIP, I use the term loosely, who wanted to be invited.
I told the butler...
‘No way Jose!’
I wanted to be the centre of attention at my fiftieth... 
Not her!

Just wish I could tell you who it was!?!

8 comments:

  1. Aw go on, just whisper it, we won't tell anyone!! lol. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I don't think I've ever had a big party 'just for me'. Parties terrify me a bit, so much expectation. However, when I was cleared of cancer I held a tea party to raise funds for a cancer charity and I was totally gobsmacked by how many people actually turned up and how much money I raised - over £2000 and all I did was bake cakes!! It was nice actually and maybe I should 'really' celebrate my next birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely MG, to have survived is worthy of a BIG party. Bite the bullet and be Belle of the Ball, even if it is a bit late in the day for the creaking Prince Charming to sweep you off your tootsies...

      LXX

      Delete
    2. You've clearly met my husband then?! I might just do that. Watch this space in June!! x

      Delete
    3. Yep! I will await the news of the upcoming extravaganza in the June Court Circular...

      LX

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Don’t get too excited, you’d groan if I told you!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...