..

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Oh dear...

the fourth bed has arrived!

There was I quietly minding my own business walking off to work (voluntary at the hospital) when the strange thought(?)occurred, as I have a bit of time I will nip into the Blue Cross charity shop and see if they have any normal dogs beds as opposed to Princess and the pea type.

‘As luck would have it we do have one!’

Crumbs I thought what have I done?

‘Err, what size?’ I said with the quickness of the 9 dog out of track 6 at Catford.  Thinking all the while it will be too small!  

Quick as a flash...

‘Collie size!’

Oh double Crumbs thought I.

Down it came from the upstairs room and it was blooming ideal for the back of the car, deep with just the right amount of security factor that any princess requires in the back of a limo.

What was I to do?

Buy it of course!  On the way home  I called to pick it up with arms full of shopping and now a dog bed to jiggle between aching limbs.  My days as a bag woman are coming ever closer...

I feel it in my water!


Rather stylish, you have to agree and British Racing Green, what is there not to like?



8 comments:

  1. You can never have too many dog beds. Ours seem to multiply … one day I'll go out and buy a dog for every bed … now that will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart. Good to know I’m not alone!

      LX

      Delete
  2. What does Her Highness think of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First job was to thoroughly clean it. Now we have to introduce her to it, being flaky she might not instantly take to it. She still isn’t the most happy of travellers, I am hoping this makes her feel more secure in the back. She drools with worry, although she is getting better.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Will you have to spray your car "racing green" to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look here Frances, I have enough crazy ideas without you planting the seed of yet another. Now where’s the nearest paint spraying shop!?!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I think I may be losing the plot! It took me an inordinate amount to time to work out you'd probably be putting this in the boot of the car and not the back seat! Our dog travels on the back seat of our car so I was thinking 'why does Ellie need a bed in the back seat' Our dog loves going in the car but he stands the whole way to where we're going! He will not sit down unless the car is stopped at, say traffic lights, then gets up immediately we set off again! I said to hubby last night I wish we could go up to Inveralligan again for a couple of days and take the dog with us but then thought thats a long way for the dog to stand!! Nice bed, I hope you're going to make her a nice duvet to make it comfy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only ‘think’ MG? Those of us that know you (sort of?) already have come to that sad decision!

      Let me explain: Ellie is a very nervous traveller, drooling big time, the back seat has what can only be described as a car condom covering it. My other dog Lettice who I also loved dearly, settled once we gave her a bed to sit in, in the back. So I am hoping Ellie will feel a little more secure and less afraid. Although I have a funny feeling that when we introduce the bed she will sit either side and not ‘in’ it. Only time will tell? Got a funny feeling that another of my cunning plans come to nowt! I do have previous as the husband would say...

      Like you we want to branch out, go further, a holiday even? In answer to your going to Inveralligan, a long journey might be the way forward to him learning standing isn’t a good idea. I think we are guilty of overthinking the whole shebang... what are we like?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...