..

Tuesday 10 March 2020

My mouth dropped...

open making a perfect O 
my mascara wand hovered in midair as if I was the conductor of this performance.  There from the bedroom window I witnessed the most graceful display.  A pair of red kites were wheeling and circling over the college field.
Various fly-pasts were executed low over the mirrored glass of the orangery allowing me to look down and identify the undercarriages of the stars of my own personal fly past.
My breath stood still as I watched in awe.  The crows had a different take on things!  The kites swooped dipping slightly, showing  
total disdain at their entourage of noisy very disgruntled clergymen of the air. As with black cassocks flapping, harassing and haranguing they made the most unholy of rackets!

Home alone and no one to share it with... 


What a magical start to my Tuesday morning!

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful. My Tuesday started with a trip to take granddaughter to school followed by a trip to the podiatrist. It can only get better! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. My Tuesday started with a trip to take granddaughter to school followed by a trip to the podiatrist. It can only get better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright MG I know you’ve got two feet... but still? Is it a bird, is it a plane or just a verruca? You sure know how to live...

      LX

      Delete
    2. Gosh, so good I published that twice!! It was a corn if you must know! Though I didn't know that when I went in! Never had one of them before - don't you love a first! x

      Delete
  3. I hope Red Kite eventually spread east to see them here although we have plenty of Buzzards and kestrels and an occasional sparrow hawk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished the day off to the sound and sight of a skylark on the moors near the top of Clee Hill. A good end to my day.

      LX

      Delete
  4. Driving home from Dumfriesshire through Galloway to Ayrshire today, it has been heartlifting to see all the kites and rooks on the wing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! It was so lovely for me as we live so close to the centre of town. And another thing... just remembered your use of the word rook. A crow in a crowd is a rook, a rook on its own is a crow, so thank you for inadvertently reminding me.

      LX

      Delete
  5. We do have kites here but I don't see them very often. My friend lives in a village 5 miles away and sees them every day. What a lovely start to your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was! See above for an ornithological end to my day!

      LX

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful bird. Glad it gave you a fly by, or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Joanne, I felt privileged to see such a magnificent display. Wheeling about on the thermals completely unconcerned by being mobbed by the room mafia. They circled lower and lower. One even landed on a tree not far away, soon to take off because of the hassle of the accompanying mobsters.

    LX

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...