..

Friday 24 April 2020

It really is...

tough being a dog in this strange lock-down world. 


Mum keeps moving things, although this latest idea of putting my cheapo Aldi bed on top of my other (first of two)
off-the-cold-floor-bed, is I ought to say a master stroke.  And to think he wasn’t convinced I’d like it... how wrong he was! I ought to explain the other
off-the-floor-bed is in my bedroom, it’s called my night bed as opposed to this my day bed.
I heard dad chuntering on about all the stuff being moved, they think I don’t understand, that is a huge mistake!  Mum is a hard woman, she often gets us doing things we don’t want to.  We look at each other and agree not in so many word obv...what have we done to deserve this?  With me she brooks no bending of the rules, to give you a for instance just now I barked. I thought I heard the postman, who incidentally I like not merely for the fact he has given me treats to win me over.  He also doesn’t know I have sussed him out!  I am an intelligent collie, I just wish they wouldn’t keep forgetting!  Barking here is a complete no-no and usually I don’t mind as I much prefer a little light yodelling crossed with a low-fat wolves howl.  For some strange reason they smile as even though I say it myself it is a very melodic sound, not at all common like yapping!  Anyway, I digress I barked and as dad went to investigate I went to follow, however she had other ideas and called me back into the garden.  I sort of went halfway back a few times, which I thought was at the very least paying lip service to her wishes.  She wasn’t having any of it making me sit beside her with the immortal words...
‘I’m top dog around here!’
What could I say?  Well obviously nothing because it case you have forgotten I’m only a dog!

4 comments:

  1. It is tough indeed Ellie. I feel exactly the same. My family never leave the house now and I do not understand why. I never get peace anymore to just do my own thing - lie on their bed for a snooze, check out the table for any snacks or gloves that interest me, steal socks from the washing. It's very unnerving, I feel I have follow her indoors around all the time to see if I can sort this out in my head. Plus have you got the same thing where no-one comes to the house any more? People stand and talk from the garden, no-one comes in to fawn over me any longer and another thing, I'm not allowed to play with my friends any longer. If we see each other coming, one of us crosses to the other side of the road, under protest I might add!
    At least no-one has moved any furniture here though. We never seem to do that here. My people are quite boring old farts so that's probably why.
    I'm pretty sure you could have said a lot about her indoors being top dog! Top dog indeed? Was she joking??
    Your friend Sonny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well between you and me my furry friend, although she is tricky I do love her, not least for the cordon bleu meals I get served, meat and veg then wild Alaskan salmon and veg (only because she in a fit with her leg in the air ordered a box, then decided it wasn’t to her demanding taste... I ask you!?!) Is it any wonder Sonny that I turn my nose up at kibble? She chunters on about it but holds firm, I then have to eat it! Talk about top dog,
      she certainly has both of us well and truly done up like a pair of kippers.

      Promise me one thing Sonny when we do meet you won’t sniff my bum, because I am a very refined dog, I do live in Ludlow after all!

      EX

      Delete
  2. Once I said to my howling three year old grandson, he could quit crying, one day he would be a grown up, too. And he wailed "No I won't ever be one. It takes too long to grow up!" He has made it to eighteen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope as an embarrassing grandma you remind him of his comment at least once on each occasion you see him?

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...