..

Wednesday 22 April 2020

With a face like...

a smacked arse himself has been helping me today.
The reason for the most reasonable of men to be crabby is... I have taken a Pickford’s pill and have the strong desire to move.  Only furniture, mind!
Now if there’s one thing in my experience men don’t tend to like it’s a rearrangement of their world.
Now it is a well known fact I am not known for my skills as queen of clean.  I sit and try not to notice the vesuvian layers of dust  as they slowly grow ever higher. My idleness grows in direct proportion.  I notice the right hand curtains are just a few cms longer than the left, just a matter of hopping up and moving the hooks a tad.  Do I do it? 
Oh dear No!  The dog hair blows through like tumbleweed down the  high street of Deadwood after the gold rush has gone. 
Well until today!  I climbed out of bed with purpose.  What shall I do for badness today?  I know, a little light rearrangement of furniture sounds like a cunning plan!  Now himself knows only too well that this involves him far more than me!  I am the chief he is the Indian.  I am the ideas, he is a bloke who likes a quiet ordered life without change or disruption... come to think of it what feller doesn’t?  So off we go, his scowl could polish pots far better than Brillo.  With every fibre I try not to notice,  maintaining a bright upbeat... 
we can do this sort of persona.
We sit in the Orangery which looks so much bigger waiting for our newly order kilim made from... wait for it... recycled bottles.  He still has a air of glum and I am glowing with gleam of having been given a good seeing 
 to by Mr Muscle.  I am happy!  Give it a day or two and he will be saying how much better the room looks.  





10 comments:

  1. You gave himself here (and me) a good chuckle!!
    Grandma always said "if you can't move, move the furniture"!!
    Something she was still doing in her mid 90s....and seeing as you have not long moved...the furniture gets it!! Good on yer! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have to laugh, although in his case it was more of a wind pain smile! The room looks huge, not sure I have ordered the right size rug now? You can’t keep a good’un down!

      LX

      Delete
  2. Hi, I’ll let you into my secret I never have dust in the house it is of course a protective layer for the furniture. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh... now that idea I do like. I am a top show girl, I like it to look tidy all the while turning a blind eye to the crud...

      LX

      Delete
  3. I don't like anyone around when I'm in the mood to move furniture around! My furniture all has felt on the bottom so I can push them where I want to, of curse no carpet on the floor! the sofa I push up on one end and walk it were it needs to go. At the same time I give the room a good cleaning.... When Papa gets home I can't wait for his reaction, which is always positive!! Lettice make sure you don't hurt your back. Good luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You obviously have a Masters in this moving lark, I AM impressed. Yes Monika I do have a dodgy back after a life of hard work on a farm and living a self sufficient life. I did notice a grumble from the old lower spine yesterday, so best put my feet up today!

      LX

      Delete
  4. That will be some carpet.
    My furniture was set by the movers, and there it sets, still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floor throughout downstairs is tiled with granite tiles. Being this close to the river I suppose it was a prudent choice. Although my big king’s chair has left a trail across like cart tracks down a roman road. I haven’t told him yet as I sit here in the early morning, the throne will be travelling back to whence it came!?! I won’t disturb his slumbers yet with that pearl of wisdom!

      LX

      Delete
  5. My OH is the one who likes to move furniture about......the back room is due for another change I think; It has been the same for quite a while.....he must like it that way. ( I never get asked to help which is a bonus and I rarely sit in there. I just walk through to the garden! ). I trust you will show us the new recycled bottle mat when it comes? Sounds interesting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how lucky are you? I certainly will Frances, it was due to come today, there has been a hiccup with the delivery saying I had requested Monday. I did no such thing, just wish they had said we hadn’t enough deliveries to make it viable to come to Ludlow, which would have been far more honest and which I would have been happy to accept. As it is I feel cross at their not being straight. Hey ho... in the grand scheme of things, it matters not one jot...

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...