..

Monday 20 April 2020

All this talk of...

flour (or lack of) has reminded me  of our weekend in Bruges.
We decided to hire bicycles and cycle to Holland, like you do?



We were with the wicked stepdaughter and her man, so a lot of fun was had, not least at my expense!
Along the canal path we passed a working windmill, a detour was called to give the oldies a chance to get their wind back?  We clambered up the different levels viewing the quern stones doing their stuff.  As I crested the top floor my eyes locked onto the size 14 feet, with each ascending step... legs clad in rough hewn linen trews came into view.  Next his accruement area, his hands the size of sides of dutch ham, his chest clad in a smock of what looked like the material of the sails.  All of this topped off with a mop of blond hair and a beard.
My heart started doing the most amazing of flips, I went weak at the knees. The unkind amongst you might think well looking at the size of her backside on that bike I’m not surprised!?!
I knew different: I knew right down to the souls of my boots my libido was alive and well!
Nothing to do with the 326 steep steps we had crampon-assisted puffed up... well only a 
tweeny-weeny bit!

The others were quickly sated of the miller and his tale.  Me, well it won’t surprise you to learn I was fascinated by each word of broken english that issued out of his lips?  Eventually I peeled myself out of his orbit and glanced out of the window to see the three of them cycling off further into Holland. Like the News of the World reporter I made my excuses and left.  
With stout legs pumping I managed to catch them up.  It doesn’t take much imagination to realise the ribbing I got?

7 comments:

  1. Well, by your description he doesn't sound at all like my type of man, but obvs was yours! Made me laugh anyway. How long ago was that? Have a good day...I am just going to brave driving the car ( 5 mins) to my previous normal morning dog walk, to see the bluebells in the wood. Problem is that one of the chaps who regularly walks there has a strong opinion about driving unnecessarily, and has said so several times on the group Whatsapp. I see his point about maybe having an accident and taking paramedics etc away from more important stuff, or them not turning up at all, but apparently we are now officially allowed to drive to a walk as long as the walk is longer than the drive!!! So just have to hope he isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drive to the forest four minutes away, where yesterday we saw one couple in the distance. The wood walk we used to walk to along the river Teme is teeming (sorry about the pun) with people, so far from ideal. So that’s what we do... drive! These folk who crack on about the rights and wrongs need to look in the mirror and ask themselves exactly when it was that they became such paragons of virtue?

      Enjoy anyway, be safe and keep well.

      LX

      Delete
    2. I drove to " The Oval''.....and there was no one there at all in the field or in the ancient woodland. The woods have got a one way system clearly sign posted and I saw not a soul! When I go to the river in the mornings I am forever dodging folk! The Oval was a children's home last century and now belongs to Youth with a Mission...an American religious set up. They kindly let people walk on their field and in the woods as it is private land. Dog walkers need a permit, though I am sure lots of people don't have one as they never check! It was lovely to be back there again after several weeks away. I got some nice bluebell pics too.

      Delete
  2. It's always good to find out your libido is alive and well! Sometimes it goes awol and its always good when it returns safe and sound!! I once had a very delicious sandwich in Bruges!! My libido paid no attention to it whatsoever though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, you could have rejoined them on their way back.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...