..

Sunday 7 June 2020

Can anyone tell me...

the thinking behind owning a leaf blower?  What is that all about?
The  saying...
‘Don’t crap on your own doorstep!?! seems to fit nicely!

My father jointly owned a cottage on the Ouse in York with a lady friend, she lived there permanently, he just visited!?!  Obviously as it was that close to the river it was high risk.  Very often the water would come up over the footpath to the garden wall between them and the river.  On these occasions Margaret would take the opportunity to lob over the wall any rubbish she had.
She just didn’t get it that her rubbish would finish up further down the Ouse outside some other poor bugger’s house, in the sea or even worse a passing whales tummy!

Fly tipping of an upmarket kind, she obviously thought as she gaily waved away the crud she had been waiting to pay someone to collect and take away!



Are leaf blowers for suckers, I idly wonder?

11 comments:

  1. How awful that lady threw her rubbish in the river. I do worry about the sea turtles, whales and fish ingesting that garbage. Leaf blowers, what a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was hopping mad at the time. Even after all these years I can remember it as if it was yesterday.

      LX

      Delete
  2. I've often wondered about them myself. Never quite understood the point of them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the noise! It reminds me a bit of those Italian waiters, (remember those days? Meals out?) brandishing those whopping big pepper mills. Men faffing about waving their things in the air type of thing!?!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Leaf blowers replace brooms and leaf rakes, and are used by the gardening industry that seems to have invaded every American middle class and up neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s where they blow it to that I am concerned about... next door, or the street? And the noise!

      LX

      Delete
  4. My leave blower makes my life easier, it takes little time to blow off little bits and pieces of the stones around the pool, cleans all walkways around the house and driveway, in the fall gathering leaves is an easy task. It has saved me a lot of back pain, can't think of a life without it! I'm writing this without my glasses. An old Woman like me should have two pairs, one for downstairs and one for upstairs, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S ...the of_ should have had a second f.
    English language hard language!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound exactly like me, I fire off emails, replies and either in my haste I have spelt something not quite right or ruddy predictive text thinks it knows what I want to say... as if!?!

      Glasses a new phenomenon for me, all these years I have never known the problems of being short sighted... now I do, and yes a pair for upstairs and down I do have, only cheapo off the shelf ones though.

      It is good that you have blown my opposition to leaf blowers out of the water as it were!?!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...