..

Friday 7 August 2020

I sashayed into the...

fish shop, sun hat on
face mask on, full slap on,
got to the counter where there was a chorus line of fishes. Kindly the fishmonger enquired as to what I would like, I stood, he stood, we waited, in my empty head I knew exactly what I wanted.  He quickly realised the light was on but no one was home...
Flounder-like I was, not to put too fine a point on it...
floundering.

‘Cod, haddock, sea bass, plaice?’

‘Ah, plaice, yes that is what I would like!’

Oh dear!
Old dear!
Not a good start to my day.

The afternoon more than made up for this senior moment.
Wyre Forest, walking down a track across a mere 100 yards we spied what we both thought was a carved white stag.  That is until it moved!  We were obviously down wind as the stags ranging in colour from the magnificent white hart through brown to black.  There were five of them: we stood memorised for a good few minutes, as they looked across the valley in our direction.  They were eventually turned by Ellie who by then had obviously got a whiff of their presence and started to move slowly through the bracken to investigate.  Even then they just ambled away.  A truly magical once in a lifetime experience.


not my photograph sadly!



10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful experience. Isn't nature wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We floated home on cloud nine. The husband was simply blown away, reading and researching on the white hart. Never before has he put in such serious study on the usual White Hart’s he is familiar with!?!

      LX

      Delete
  2. A very lucky forest visit!

    The fish shop? Easy, you went through a doorway..that always scrambles thoughts!! Trouble is nowadays with queuing, you can't pop out to remember whatever it is you forgot..perhaps that's why lists were invented 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup... magical is the only word I can put to it? The husband is still on cloud nine, just as if he’s had 26 visits to the many White Hart pubs that abound the country over!

      Aah! The list, normally I don’t need a list I carry the info in my head? Thanks go for the positive spin on what was a worrying moment.

      LX

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Truly! The husband is still on cloud nine! I doubt we will ever see such a magnificent creature again. They stood looking across at us for minutes as we just marvelled at the majesty of such wonderful creatures.

      LX

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to come across that unusual white stag - and at such close quarters, too. I hope he stays safe: so often news reports are to say that such a distinctive beast has been shot by trophy hunters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For example the king of Spain! Why? Isn’t it enough to share the world we live in with such majesty of an innocent kind?

      LX

      Delete
  5. Wow! Just that, your photo or no.

    ReplyDelete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...