..

Thursday 6 August 2020

I’m bored...

very, very bored!
‘What to do next for badness?’
over the years has become my oft heard stuck-in-the-groove refrain.
What a madam!
I don’t like having my wings clipped, the fact I probably would choose to stay in and do not a lot of anything is by the way.  
When I can’t, I want to!
When I can, I choose not to!
Some might opine...
I am 100% madam of the very first order.
But wait, compared to one who shall be nameless I am a 
purring pussy cat.

On one occasion in my past life I was summons up to the nursery.  In I strolled to be confronted with...

‘What bloody time do you call this for the bloody tea?’

I stood all of my 5’4”, puffed out my not inconsiderable chest with indignation, all the while thinking I’m not having this!

‘I’ve been too bloody busy answering the bloody telephone to get the bloody tea!’ was my pithy reply.

We stood facing each other...

I walked away pride in every step having out bloodied her by one!

They got their tea, she got my message...


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pherr... nobody talks to me that way, regardless of their high opinion of their own self importance. I wasn’t having any of that carry-on, I don’t mind telling you! The funny thing was I sailed through while mere brown nosers got short shrift. I think they admired me for my being very much my own woman! Strange world?

      LX

      Delete
  2. I could title a post " I'm never bored"
    but then I've had a boring life compared to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should Sue, I do envy you. A touch of the grass is greener certainly from my point of view.

      LX

      Delete
  3. What you allow is what will continue! You are absolutely right. There are times when you need to put your foot down as they say.
    As for being bored, even though I'm never bored! I do understand. You can't forget... just having lived a short time in Ludlow, there was not enough time to make new friends or join any group because of covet, I understand how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do think I am definitely not alone in feeling these thoughts especially at this strange time. Good for you that you are never bored Moni, like I said to Sue I envy, although maybe too strong a word (?) those who are never bored. Mind you, I do tend to say it sometimes for effect, as my family know only too well! Once a drama queen, always... a drama queen!

      LX

      Delete
  4. I think you need to get out L! Maybe you should go and steal some apples or something! Maybe a day trip to somewhere not where you went last time? I've had a great day today, I felt like my getupandgo came back. It might be a short visit but I'll enjoy it while I can! I think you might be suffering the birthday blues, you should enjoy each birthday, its another year alive! I say that as one who has often had the birthday blues but as more and more people I know die too young I am determined to enjoy every single birthday from now on. Get the banners out and the balloons and learn to juggle again!! Take care friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don’t think it has anything to do with the birthday MG. I am a shocker with birthdays, never remembering friends etc., not because I don’t care, just because they aren’t a big deal, just an accident of birth...as it were!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...