..

Thursday 20 August 2020

I’m feeling all...

doolally-tap!
‘More even than usual LL?’
I spent the whole of yesterday chuntering about, well just about anything and everything.
‘That’s it I’m off!’
Not like cream, mind, although with this humid weather that is a distinct possibility!
Himself slowly reached for his Dad’s Army tin hat safely stowed away in his commode.
A smile resembling a wind pain smile crossed his ageing phizog, closely followed by a resigned look of Now What?
All day I searched Mr Google’s emporium for hovels and caves and sadly drew a blank.  You wouldn’t believe the prices?  Bumped up by folk with the exact same desire.
In the cool of the evening common sense came riding to the rescue like a fat Thelwell pony.


‘What am I doing?’  I said to himself as he surreptitiously swifted the tin hat back into its place of safety.  His whole demeanour changed, the smiles were no longer wind assisted.  Things had suddenly looked up as my grumps rode off into the night.

‘Now about this pond!’

8 comments:

  1. Surely it is a thunderbox that goes with a tin hat? šŸ˜Ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With matching tin drawers as well I suppose?

      LX

      Delete
    2. šŸ˜„ hmm...what about a prompt there for some substantial reading...or audiobook even, as I heard it on the beeb a while ago."Dance to the Music of Time" ?

      Delete
    3. ... just seen this. I have never heard of it. Reading the reviews is it worth getting the audiobook rather than the paperback. It might be easier for me to stick with? At the mo I am enjoying The Luminaries. Whether I could cope with an audiobook I haven’t ever tried, so maybe with a tome of this magnitude it might be a softer option?

      LX

      Delete
  2. Tins hats have been quite an outing all over (as have the grumps). Let's call it 'the season'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ‘Bah Humbug!’ of the summer season, you mean? It’s blooming more contagious than the ruddy virus, I’m telling you!

      LX

      Delete
  3. You and most of the rest of the female population I think! It's only because you can't! If the weather was still good I'd suggest you create a gourmet picnic and go off on some glorious trip relatively nearby and have a picnic on the grass - a big day out! However, if your weather is anything like ours you'd need wellies, a very very big umbrella (which might get blown away btw) and a lot of waterproof stuff! What about a picnic in the greenhouse?! Decorate it all with little fairy lights and some deckchairs, you get the picture, or... dig a pond!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! We are just in from a bracing stride up Clee Hill, that always blows the cobwebs away.

      This morning it was some town training with Ellie then home for serious gardening and redesigning our postage stamp garden. All terribly dynamical! I must be sickening for something? It will soon pass!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...