..

Friday 21 August 2020

The world has definitely gone....

MAD!
You heard it first here folks.
Are you sitting comfortably?
This is very much a story about the very strange world we all find ourselves inhabiting at the mo.
And before you think this will be a little amoeba with knobs on tale, you couldn’t be more wrong if you tried to catch one in a butterfly net.

Today’s post has come as a shock for him who always, but always is the right side of the law.  A debt collection agency were chasing him for the sum of £80, owed to the DVLA.  With the speed of light he flashed upstairs to find last year’s diary only to discover that I was abroad on the 1st November 2019.  A carefree shopping trip to Hereford, surely I hadn’t jumped the lights in my Aston Mervyn, first cousin to Martinmobile?  My brain was never more wracked as all the botox was expelled like shot out of a blunderbuss from my  furrowed brow as I thunk and even thunk some more to remember whether I had been a naughty motorist?


He phoned the agency and discovered that he had forgotten to tax our vehicle for the zero tax that was due on our oldgitsmobile!?!
This is the truth, every year you must tax the princely sum of zero for your car to be legal.
You couldn’t make it up could you?

12 comments:

  1. Whoops.
    It's always been like this - we had an ancient tractor and had to "tax" that each year for free too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey moley - we suppose there is logic in there somewhere but you might need a crowbar to find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plot thickens slightly as himself had also forgotten to change our address with DVLA. So a reminder went awol, for a retired traf. pol. officer... guilty as charged!

      LX

      Delete
    2. Ironic or what?😄

      Delete
    3. Yup! It was my turn to smile my very best wind-pain smile! I said nothing!

      LX

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You Norfolk/Suffolk folk are pretty clued up, if you ask me. Not so in this particular part of Shropshire!

      LX

      Delete
  4. This has given me and hubby the best and much needed laugh! I did not know that, but now that you've informed us, we'll check if we ever get lucky enough to not have to pay road tax! What I want to know is what were the debt collectors going to collect from you? Sherifs at the door 'here to collect nothing sir'!! The world is indeed mad and it can only get worse I fear! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn’t mind MG, but he is an ‘Ello, Ello, what going on here?’ knees bend, thumbs in chest area as he dips to air the parts other folk don’t get to see, sort of copper!?! Remind me one day to tell you his story of five hairy, hoary old coppers crammed into a Doctor Who police box, in the days before Doctor Who... yes, he’s that old!?!

      So no ruddy excuse will do, is my take on it! I wouldn’t mind but he’s so blooming pious!

      LX

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The world gets weirder by the day, never more so than your political situation and ours, not to mention the rest of the world!?!

      LX

      Delete

This is...

  Doris... This is her offspring... Back in the days of us living in Ludlow my son and family came to stay.  They loved my bread so much I o...